10th City of London Biennial Meeting
Registrations received after Monday 29th May will not be included in the delegate booklet.
A Changing World - Adapt to Succeed
Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th June 2023 at the International Maritime Organization
I am delighted to welcome you to the 10th City of London Biennial Meeting.
The Biennial Meeting, which provides a platform for dialogue between leading figures from the City of London and other capital cities, has become the major event of its kind in the calendar of the City of London.
The event is sponsored by the Maria Tsakos Foundation and as it is non-commercial, no fee is charged for attendance which is by invitation only. The delegates (numbering around 600 over the whole event) from the UK and overseas include policy makers, diplomats, leading businessmen, senior academics, with a number of our graduates and current postgraduate students.
I look forward to seeing you there.
Professor Costas Th Grammenos, CBE DSc
LRF Chair in Shipping, Trade and Finance
Founding Chairman, City of London Biennial Meetings and;
Chairman of the Costas Grammenos Centre for Shipping, Trade and Finance
To view the 2-day programme please click below
Confirmed Speakers to Date
List of confirmed speakers so far in alphabetical order by last name.
This list will be updated on a daily basis and the final programme will be announced by mid-April.
- Mr Ahmad Abou Merhi, Executive Director, Pelagic Partners, (MSc STF 2018)
- Professor Amir Alizadeh, Professor of Finance, Bayes Business School, (MSc STF 1993)
- Professor Dinos Arcoumanis FREng, Corresponding Member, Academy of Athens
- Professor Charles Baden-Fuller, Centenary Chair in Strategy, Bayes Business School
- Mr Taimuraz Badtiev, Head of LNG Supply & Trading, EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg, (MSc ETF 2004)
- Mr Arjun Batra, Chairman, Drewry Shipping Consultants, (MSc STF 1987)
- Mr Niklas Bedranowsky, Partner, Corporate Finance, Arctic Securities AS, (MSc STF 2012)
- Mr Ralf Bedranowsky, Senior Executive, DZ Bank AG, Frankfurt
- Mr Nicolas Bornozis, President & CEO, Capital Link, Inc.
- Mr Laurent Bozzoni, Chief Executive Officer, SOCATRA Group, (MSc STF 1998)
- Professor Barbara Casu, Head, Faculty of Finance; Professor of Banking & Finance; Director, Centre for Banking Research, Bayes Business School, City, University of London
- Mr Burak Cetinok, Head of Research, Arrow Shipbroking Group, (MSc STF 2007)
- Mr Lorenzo d’Amico, Group Insurance director and Global Ops, d’Amico Società di Navigazione, (MSc STF 2011)
- Mr Hakki Deval, Managing Director & CEO, Devbulk, (MSc STF 2001)
- Mr Orhan Deval, Managing Director & CFO, Devbulk (MSc STF 2004)
- Mr Thor-Ole Fardal, Senior Client Executive, Eksfin - Export Finance Norway, (MSc STF 1997)
- Professor Sir Anthony Finkelstein CBE FREng, President, City, University of London
- Ms Mette Frederiksen, Head of Research & Insight, Tankers International (MSc STF 2007)
- Mr Michael Fostiropoulos, Director, Almi Tankers S.A., (MSc STF 2000)
- Dr Daniel Giamouridis, Global Head of Systematic Strategies, Bank of America, (PhD 2001)
- Professor Costas Th Grammenos, Chairman, Centre for Shipping, Trade and Finance, Bayes Business School
- Lord Griffiths of Fforestfach, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Enterprise, Markets and Ethics; House of Lords
- Mr Tarun Gulati, CEO & Co-Founder, eShipfinance.com, (MSc STF 2002)
- Mr Marius Halvorsen, Head of Investment Banking, Arctic Securities LLC (MSc 2004)
- Mr Nicolai Hansteen, Chief Shipping Analyst, Lorentzen & Co, (MSc STF 1995)
- Mr Erik Helberg, Chief Executive Officer, Clarksons Securities, (MSc STF 2000)
- Professor Haiying Jia, Professor, Norwegian School of Economics (PhD 2007)
- Ms Ecem Kalkavan Cubukcu, General Manager, Turkon Logistics, (MSc STF 2012)
- Mr Pavlos Konstas, Associate Partner, Enterprise Agility Leader UK & Ireland, IBM (MSc STF 2010)
- Mr Asaf Malamud, Chief Executive Officer, Portline Group, (MSc STF 2013)
- Mr Emad Mansour, Founder & CEO, Audacia Capital, (MSc STF 1991)
- Mr Sanjay Mehta, Founder & Managing Partner - S ONE (MSc STF 1993)
- Lord Jeffrey Mountevans, Chairman Baltic Exchange Council, Baltic Exchange
- Dr Ioannis C Moutzouris, Lecturer in Shipping Finance and Analytics; Director, MSc Energy, Trade and Finance, Bayes Business School, (MSc STF 2012)
- Professor Nikos Nomikos, Professor of Shipping Finance, Bayes Business School, (MSc STF 1993)
- Mr Nazeem Noordali, Chief Operating Officer, International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation (ITFC), (MSc STF 1988)
- Mr Nikolaus Oldendorff, Managing Director, Reederei Nord GmbH (MSc STF 2008)
- Mr Maximilian Otto, Managing Partner, Oceanis, (MSc STF 2015)
- Mr Punit Oza, Founder, Maritime NXT, Singapore, (MSc STF 1997)
- Dr Anthony S. Papadimitriou, President, Onassis Foundation
- Dr Nikos C Papapostolou, Reader in Shipping Finance; Director MSc Shipping, Trade and Finance, Bayes Business School, (MSc STF 2000)
- Professor Siri Pettersen Strandenes, Professor Emerita, Norwegian School of Economics
- Mr Aristos Philis, Director, Lemissoler; Co-Founder & CEO, KeelX, (MSc STF 2013)
- Mr George Politis, CEO, Capital Securities; Director, FinTech.lab, Bayes Business School, (MSc STF 1996)
- Dr Panos Pouliasis, Reader in Energy Commodities Finance, Bayes Business School, (MSc ETF 2004)
- Mr Alex Ryland, Head of Ocean Industries CEMEA, DNB, (MSc STF 1998)
- Professor André Spicer, Dean and Professor of Organisational Behaviour, Bayes Business School, City, University of London
- Professor Martin Stopford, Executive Director, MarEcon Ltd.
- Professor Michael Tamvakis, Professor of Commodity Economics and Finance, Bayes Business School, (MSc STF 1988)
- Professor Helen Thanopoulou, Professor, University of the Aegean; Honorary Visiting Professor, Bayes Business School, City, University of London
- Mr Thomas Thorkildsen, Chief Commercial Officer, Hoegh LNG AS, (MSc STF 2002)
- Mr Christoph Toepfer, Chief Executive Officer, Borealis Maritime Ltd., (MSc STF 1997)
- Dr Nikolas P Tsakos, President & CEO, Tsakos Energy Navigation Ltd., (MSc STF 1985)
- Mr Stamatis Tsantanis, Chairman and CEO, Seanergy Maritime Holdings, (MSc STF 1997)
- Ms Marina Tzoutzouraki, CFO & Co-Founder, SFG Ship Finance Global, (MSc STF 1986)
- Prof. dr. em. Eddy Van de Voorde, Professor Port and Maritime Economics, Department of Transport and Regional Economics (TPR), University of Antwerp (UA), Belgium
- Mr Markus Wachter, Technical Analyst, Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd. (MSc ETF 2005)
- Mr Barry Wingate, Head of Energy & Environmental Service, Argyll Partners, (MSc STF 1998)
- Mr Jan Wolff, Managing Partner, OKEE Maritime GmbH (MSc STF 2008)
- Mr Tomer Zaharovich, Founder and CEO, Finvenio Consultancy, (MSc STF 2003)
- Professor Mohsen Ziya, Founder and CEO, Neptune Energy Trading Company
*MSc Intake Year
Registration is now open.
Free to attend and by invitation only.
Although the link will remain open, any registrations received after Monday 29th May 2023, will not be included in the delegate booklet.
Please find below the IMO Hotel Corporate Rates.
corporate hotel rates.
International Maritime Organization
4, Albert Embankment