Real Estate Research Centre
Building the bridge between theory and practice.
The Real Estate Research Centre aims to provide a dynamic link between the academic community and practitioners involved in real estate, and build on the foundations of existing rigorous academic research.
New Bayes Real Estate Research Centre online short course “Understanding the REIT price”. Registration now open
Beginning on March 7th and delivered over six weeks by leading academics from the Bayes Business School (formerly Cass), as well as industry experts, “Understanding the REIT price” will provide a thorough understanding of the factors driving the valuations of the listed real estate sector, the direct property market and the stock market , explain the reasons behind any disconnect between public and private markets, and explore the specific investment characteristics of listed real estate versus other equities from an asset allocation perspective.
Introduction from the Centre Director
I am delighted to welcome you to the Real Estate Research Centre. Commercial Real Estate is currently undergoing a whole series of cyclical and structural challenges, which means that the need for innovative and fresh thinking across disciplines has never been greater. We are at the forefront of this change and we look forward to engaging with you in this process.
- Alex Moss, Director, Real Estate Research Centre, Bayes Business School
Aims and Objectives of the Real Estate Research Centre at Bayes
The Centre’s purpose is to provide a dynamic link between the academic community and practitioners involved in real estate. Its aim is to build on the foundations of existing rigorous research, with a particular focus on real estate finance. By integrating existing real estate expertise within the broader finance and management capabilities at Bayes, we aim to provide wider and deeper perspectives and insights across all aspects of real estate and real estate finance.
The Centre's objectives are to
- Establish a forum for dialogue with researchers in the industry, and production of collaborative projects
- Produce reports on a commissioned and ad hoc basis on under-researched areas of industry interest
- Host events on topical issues for the industry
- Publish periodic Research Activity Reports
- Facilitate the production of academic papers for publication in journal and conferences
- Offer dedicated Executive Education courses for industry practitioners.