GWLP peer mentoring programme
The Bayes Global Women’s Leadership Programme offers a unique form of peer-to-peer mentorship aimed at providing structured networking opportunities for women students in postgraduate programmes at Bayes.
The programme focuses on the development of meaningful, one-to-one connections that allow participants to exchange skills, set and track personal challenges and share strategies to excel in male dominated fields. Group events are also organised, providing a supportive and open environment for broader networking. This is a setting where you can be real, build trust, and develop a meaningful relationship.
Applications are now closed for the academic year 2022/23, the next round will open in December 2023.
- Application is open to Bayes female students studying in any course of the Master’s, MBA, and EMBA programme.
- Your survey will help us pair you with a like-minded partner. You can also sign up with a partner in mind and let us know.
- Throughout the term, you meet monthly one-on-one, with as much ongoing communication as you prefer. You each set a personal goal for the month, things to try and reflect on, and a forum to give each other feedback. Your partner brings support and accountability as you try new things, in class or at your job, to grow as a leader and communicator.
- You’ll receive monthly prompts and tools curated by Global Women’s Leadership Programme Scholars.
- We give incentives for knowledge-sharing with the wider group, plus a term-end reflection and celebration.
- The number of intakes is limited and don’t worry if you are not matched with a partner. Please stay in touch with the Global Women’s Leadership Programme for more events. Email bayesGWLP@city.ac.uk to join our mailing list.
Workshops for students
Each year the GWLP holds a workshop for students looking at developing skills related to women’s leadership. Past topics include “Positive Psychology”, “How to be more confident and assertive at work” and “Executive Virtual Presence”.
Keep in touch
To receive invitations to our events and activities, please sign up to our mailing list.