Creative Leadership: Setting the Stage for Innovation and Change
This ground breaking programme aims to accelerate leaders to a new level of practice in how to unleash, develop and harness innovation and creativity in their organisations.
The Creative Leadership: Setting the Stage for Innovation is complementary to other initiatives from the Centre for Creativity in Professional Practice at Bayes. It is designed to educate a new cadre of creative leaders who have intellectual resilience and can apply interdisciplinary approaches to progress creative solutions to the complex, ill-structured and dynamic challenges that we face today.
Duration: Two modules, each combining 2 days face-to-face training and weekly online learning activities
Fee: £3,500 (no VAT charged) includes lunch and refreshments
Dates: Guided online learning activities will start week commencing 14th February 2022, with face to face sessions planned for 17th – 18th March, and 12 – 13th May 2022.
- Andy Wilkins, Senior Fellow
- Dr Sara Jones, Senior Lecturer
- Dr Amanda Brown, Research Fellow
- Kate Stuart-Cox, Perspectiv LLP
Leaders today face a world that is increasingly complex, ill-structured, dynamic, and even chaotic to the uninformed observer. Traditional leadership and management approaches are falling short in responding to the challenges that need to be addressed.
Leaders that understand creativity and innovation engage people at all levels in their organisations. They transform their business practices and create value for their customers despite the complexity and uncertainty of the environment around them. Creative leadership is a critical business skill that can be:
- learned and applied in many different contexts,
- sustained by scalable frameworks for creative problem solving and change
- enriched through leading-edge interdisciplinary practice and research.
Who is the programme for
Executives and senior managers across all sectors who are working in contexts with high rates of change needing new ways of working and thinking.
Leaders who want to stimulate transformational change and sustain high performance in their organisations or sectors.
Focus and structure
This is a highly experiential programme that blends theory and practice. You will learn through a combination of:
- guided online resources
- group discussions and exercises,
- self-reflection, and
- leadership practices feedback
- to allow you to both explore the theory and concepts, and transfer and sustain your learning back in the workplace.
This programme develops your Leadership Architecture over two 2-day modules and through weekly online learning.
Module 1 focuses on you and what drives your leadership approach, giving you some immediate tools to reflect on the impact of your leadership practice in the workplace.
Module 2 considers how you can extend your leadership practice to enable others to act and lead themselves.
Guided online learning activities will start before the first face to face session on module 1 and will continue weekly throughout the programme.
- Understand why embedding creative leadership gives organisations the edge in dealing with complexity and uncertainty
- Know what people want from today’s leaders and why they become willing followers
- Learn how to build and sustain the environment for innovation and creativity
- Experience how to effectively switch between creative and critical thinking for problem solving and decision-making
- Understand how a creative problem solving approach increases engagement and raises performance in teams and organisations
- Develop strategies to remove barriers to best performance across your organisation
- Understand the levers for harnessing innovation and creativity to overcome team and organisational challenges
We offer other options such as:
- follow up coaching
- working with a cross- disciplinary team from your organisation
- in-house training with additional and customisable modules
- full organisational, team, and leadership assessments
Please contact us to talk through any of these options.