Yousaf Nishat-Botero is a PhD Fellow at Bayes Business School, City, University of London. Before joining Bayes, he received an MA in Philosophy & Contemporary Critical Theory from the Centre for Research in Modern European Philosophy, Kingston University. Yousaf’s PhD research focuses on questions of economic planning and alternative organizing, in a way that is broadly aligned with critical management and organization studies. During his time at City, he has also been a graduate teaching assistant for introductory courses on organisational behaviour and on critical thinking. Since 2021, Yousaf has been a member of the editorial collective at ephemera, which is an independent and open access journal on theory and politics in organization.
Supervisors: Professor Hugh Willmott and Professor André Spicer
- MA, Centre for Research in Modern European Philosophy, Kingston University, UK, Jan 2018
- BS, University of Massachusetts-Amherst, USA, Jan 2012
Memberships of professional organisations
- Co-operative Researchers Network (CORNet), Sep 2021 – present
- Academy of Management (AOM), Critical Management Studies Division, Aug 2020 – present
- European Group of Organization Studies (EGOS), Jun 2020 – present
English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), French (can read, speak and understand spoken), Spanish - Latin American (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and Urdu (can speak and understand spoken).
- Critical Management Studies
- Economic History
- Industrial Relations/Labour Studies
- Organization Theory
- Public Sector Management
- Professor Hugh Willmott, Professor of Management and Organization Studies
- Professor André Spicer, Interim Dean
Editorial activity (3)
- Ephemera Journal, Member of the editorial collective, Jun 2021 – present.
- Academy of Management Conference, Reviewer, Critical Management Studies Division, Jan 2021 – present.
- Organization Studies, Reviewer, Mar 2020 – present.
- 37th EGOS Colloquium - Organizing for an Inclusive Society: Meanings, Motivations, and Mechanisms. (Conference) Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam (Virtual) (2021). Panel Member. Invited speaker.
Paper: Economic planning and organization studies
Author: Nishat-Botero, Y.
Description: Sub-theme 33: Historical Organization Studies in Action
- Ephemera Journal – Activist organizing & organizing activism: A post-pandemic world in the making. (Conference) Virtual (2021). Panel Member. Invited speaker.
Paper: Planning for Alternatives
Author: Nishat-Botero, Y.
Description: Paper Session: Organizing Democracy & The State
- Critical Management Studies, International PhD Course, Lund University (May 2021).
- Paper Development Workshop, Organization Theory (Journal), 2nd Winter Workshop (Feb 2021).