Chrysa Gkotsi is a Doctoral Researcher in Management (Marketing) at Bayes Business School (formerly Cass), City University of London. Her research interests include Consumer Behaviour, Consumer Culture Theory, Taste, Technology, Sustainability and Fashion.
Chrysa completed her Bachelor’s degree in Management Science and Technology, at Athens University of Economics and Business, in Greece. She has then been awarded a Master’s degree in Marketing Strategy and Innovation from Bayes Business School, City University of London, UK.
Drawing on theories in marketing and sociology, Chrysa is interested in discovering how consumers create and perform taste and how society relates to these processes. She is also concerned about the role of technology in greenwashing and in the broader field of sustainable fashion.
She has been an active teaching and research assistant at Bayes Business School since her second year of the Ph.D. In addition, she works for the University of London as an online tutor for a master’s course. Prior to joining Bayes Business School (formerly Cass), she has worked as a Creative Director in a Consulting firm in London, UK and as a Social Media Manager at a Marketing Agency in Athens, Greece.
- MSc, Bayes Business School, City, University of London, United Kingdom
- Short Course, UAL: Central Saint Martins, United Kingdom
- BSc, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Consumption, Markets, and Culture Theorization Seminar (CCT), Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
- Online Tutor, University of London, Apr 2022 – present
- Teaching Assistant, Bayes Business School, Sep 2021 – present
- Creative Director, Avyssos Advisors, Mar 2020 – Nov 2022
- Social Media Manager, Ink, Sep 2019 – Mar 2020
Memberships of committees
- Consumer Culture Theory Consortium, Mar 2023 – present
- Bayes Business School, City University of London. Full Doctoral Studentship, PhD in Management (Marketing)
English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), Greek, Modern (1453-) (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and Spanish; Castilian (can read and understand spoken).
- Consumer Behaviour
- Professor Fleura Bardhi, Professor of Marketing
- Dr Thomas Robinson, Senior Lecturer in Marketing, Associate Dean of Student Experience
- Consumer Culture Theory Conference 2022. (Conference) OR, USA Invited speaker.
Paper: Taste Regimes and Technology: An archival study of Sustainable Fashion Consumption
Author: Chrysa Gkotsi
Co-authors: Robinson, T.; Bardhi, F.