Dr. Yusuf Oc, currently serving as a Senior Lecturer and the Course Director of the Marketing Strategy and Innovation MSc at Bayes Business School, has an academic career spanning over a decade. Before his current position, Dr. Oc dedicated nearly four years as a marketing lecturer and programme director at King's College London, where he led one of the institution's fastest growing MSc programmes.
As a researcher, Dr. Oc has publication history in international journals such as Psychology & Marketing and Computers in Human Behaviour. His research covers a wide array of topics, including the application of artificial intelligence and machine learning such as natural language processing and face recognition in digital consumer engagement and the exploration of elements that influence digital advertising and social media engagement performance.
Dr. Oc's teaching performance has been repeatedly acknowledged. His teaching performance and significant collegial support earned him the esteemed Dean’s Award for Innovative Teaching from King's Business School in 2022, followed by the Dean’s Recognition Award in 2021.
Dr. Oc has attained a Senior Fellowship from the Higher Education Academy (Advanced HE). This significant recognition underscores his leadership, influence, and impactful contributions to teaching and learning support.
In tandem with his academic endeavours, Dr. Oc maintains an active role within the business community. He provides workshops and consultancy to various businesses, sharing his expertise in pivotal and current subjects such as AI in Marketing, Behavioural Economics, and Digital Marketing.
- Marketing Strategy and Innovation MSc Course Director, Bayes Business School, Sep 2023 – present
- Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy (SFHEA), Advanced HE, Jul 2023 – present
- Consumer Behaviour
- Digital Marketing
- Innovation & Creativity
- Social Media
Journal articles (3)
- Oc, Y., Plangger, K., Sands, S., Campbell, C.L. and Pitt, L. (2023). Luxury is what you say: Analyzing electronic word‐of‐mouth marketing of luxury products using artificial intelligence and machine learning. Psychology & Marketing. doi:10.1002/mar.21831.
- Oc, Y. and Toker, A. (2022). An acceptance model for sports technologies: the effects of sports motivation, sports type and context-aware characteristics. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship, 23(4), pp. 785–803. doi:10.1108/ijsms-03-2021-0060.
- Oc, Y. and Plangger, K. (2022). GIST do it! How motivational mechanisms help wearable users develop healthy habits. Computers in Human Behavior, 128, pp. 107089–107089. doi:10.1016/j.chb.2021.107089.