Dr Wanqing Zhang is a lecturer in the marketing department. Before she joined the Business School (formerly Cass), she was a post-doc researcher in the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago. She received her Ph.D in Marketing from Purdue University in 2017. Her research areas include digital marketing, mobile marketing, development marketing, field experiments, and quantitative modeling. She has published in leading academic journals, including Journal of Marketing and Marketing Letters. She is an ISBM Doctoral Dissertation Award Recipient in 2016.
Wanqing teaches Digital Marketing and Social Media in Business Management and MSc in Marketing Strategy & Innovation. She is also the winner of teaching awards at Purdue University (US).
- PhD, Purdue University, United States
- Mphil, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- BBA, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Postdoc Researcher, The University of Chicago, Chicago, United States
- Lecturer, Bayes Business School, Oct 2020 – present
Chinese (Cantonese) (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), Chinese (Mandarin) (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review).
- Digital Marketing
Journal articles (2)
- Zhang, W., Chintagunta, P.K. and Kalwani, M.U. (2021). Social Media, Influencers, and Adoption of an Eco-Friendly Product: Field Experiment Evidence from Rural China. Journal of Marketing, 85(3), pp. 10–27. doi:10.1177/0022242920985784.
- Li, J., Moul, C.C. and Zhang, W. (2017). Hoping grey goes green: air pollution’s impact on consumer automobile choices. Marketing Letters, 28(2), pp. 267–279. doi:10.1007/s11002-016-9405-2.