Linlan has an active engagement in the business practice and academic fields. As an educator, he serves as a Bayes Fellow in Management at City University of London and a visiting lecturer at other higher education institutions. As a researcher, Linlan serves a member and peer reviewer for Academy of International Business (AIB), Academy of Management (AOM) and British Academy of Management (BAM). Linlan often uses interdisciplinary perspectives to explore the nexus of Low Carbon Innovation and International Business. His research involve low carbon technology transfer/cooperation, international climate law, energy policies in East Asia and knowledge transfer via IJVs. As a business consultant, Linlan established connections with Chung Rui Tax Group, Nexia International and other consultancy firms.
- PhD Finance and Management, SOAS, University of London, United Kingdom
- LLM Law, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- MSc East Asian Relations, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- LLB (Hons), Zhejiang Gongshang University, China
- Green Impact Auditor, Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment, United Kingdom
- Start Your Business Entreprenuership Training Certificate, International Labour Organization, Switzerland
- Tutor Onboarding Training Certificate, Graham Holdings (United States), United States
- CPD Training Certificate 'Curriculum Development 2021: Active Learning', Kaplan (United States), United States
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Distance Learning Programme 'Climate Change and Development', University of London, London, United Kingdom
- Distance Learning Programme 'Low Carbon Developement', University of London, London, United Kingdom
- Distance Learning Programme 'Research Integrity', Oxford University Press (United Kingdom), Oxford, United Kingdom
- Postgraduate Training 'Prepare to Teach at SOAS', School of Oriental and African Studies, London, United Kingdom
- The 9th Summer Institute of International Law and Policy, Utrecht University, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Bayes Fellow in Management, Faculty of Management, Sep 2022 – present
- Business and Economics Tutor, Kaplan International College London (KICL), Jan 2022 – present
- Graduate Teaching Asssitant, SOAS, University of London, May 2021 – Dec 2022
- Project Coordinator, Chungrui Tax Group - Nexia International, Jan – Dec 2020
- Visiting Scholar, University of Naples - L'Orientale, Sep 2019 – Jan 2020
- Administration Assistant, School of Oriental and African Studies, Jan – Dec 2019
- Administration Assistant (Intern), Hangzhou Investment Promotion Bureau, Jun – Aug 2018
- Visiting Lecturer, Kaplan International College London, Sep – Apr 2022
- Santander Foundation (2017) Santander Mobility Award
- Kaplan International Pathways Kaplan Pathways Professional Development Scholarship
- Energy Impacts Research Coordination Network and the Sloan Foundation Conference Grants for 2nd International Conference on Energy Research and Social Science
- School of Oriental and African Studies SOAS Language Acquisition Fund
Chinese (Mandarin) (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and Japanese (can read, write, speak and understand spoken).
- International Business
- Business Law
- Government Policy & Regulation
- Innovation & Creativity
- high technology
- Asia - East
- Huang, L. (2015). Weakening or Facilitating: Mediation Mechanism and the Rule of Law in China. In Tan, S. (Ed.), Legal Thinking: The Collection of Award-Wining Essays in the First Legal Essay Contest of Law Students in Zhejiang Province (法之思 浙江省首届法科大学生征文比赛获奖论文集) (pp. 397–406). Xiamen: Xiamen University Press. ISBN 978-7-5615-5477-7.
Conference papers and proceedings (4)
- Huang, L. and Zou, H. (2021). How do International Joint Ventures Learn? Exploring the Link between Dynamic Capability, Organizational Relationships and Knowledge Transfer Process in the Low Carbon Industry in an Emerging Market. 48th Academy of International Business UK & Ireland Chapter Conference 14-16 April, University of Greenwich.
- Huang, L. and Zou, H. (2019). Developing IJVs Absorptive Capacity for Promoting Low Carbon Technology Transfer The Role of Intermediaries and External Channels. The British Academy of Management 2019 Conference 3-6 September, University of Aston, Birmingham.
- Huang, L. (2019). International Joint Ventures to Shape Policies Promoting Technology Cooperation on Ultrasupercritical Coal Plants in China: a Multi-staged Analysis of Lobbying. Linlan Huang 28-31 May.
- Zou, H. and Huang, L. (2018). Chinese Policy-making Process to Promote Low Carbon Technologies: A Potential Case for Applying Dynamic Adaptive Policy Pathways. 6th Annual Meeting Society for Decision Making Under Deep Uncertainty 13-16 November, Culver City, Los Angeles.
- Huang, L. and Zou, H. (2022). Knowledge Transfer Speed in Low Carbon Sector: Roles of IJV’s DC and Organizational Relations. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2022(1). doi:10.5465/ambpp.2022.18245abstract.
BM0001 Introduction to Management 2022/23
Module Covenor and Lecturer
BM3100 Research Methods and Data Analytics 2022/23
Module Covenor and Lecturer
IY459 Principles of Marketing 2021/22
FC334 Economics 2021/22
IY439 Oragnisational Behaviour 2021/22
Applied Business Project 2022/23
- Project Coordinator at Nexia-Chungrui Tax Group (Private Sector) (Jan 2020 – Dec 2021)
- President of organising committee - Prof. Spiros Batas selected Linlan as a session chair of the knowledge, innovation and geography track of AIB-UKI 2021, due to his research profile and dedication to the Academy of International Business., Session Chair, Apr 2022.
Keynote lectures/speeches (2)
- Reforming Tax Administration System in China: Towards a Digitalised and Smarter Tax Administration. Nexia International China Desk Webminar (2022).
- The ‘Unity of Heaven and Man’: Inspiration from Confucianism for Reforming Chinese Environmental Law. University of Naples “L'Orientale”. (2019).