Dr. Arnaud Cudennec is a social scientist who holds the position of lecturer in strategy at Bayes Business School, City, University of London. Employing a sociological approach, he investigates how categorization processes impact evaluations dynamics in creative domains such as entrepreneurship (venture capital) and cultural markets (movies and books). His research typically involves the utilization of controlled experiments, large-scale quantitative data analysis, and the application of natural language processing (NLP) techniques to examine these questions.
His research work has been published in reputable academic journals, including the Academy of Management Journal and Research in the Sociology of Organizations.
In 2022, he was listed as one of the Best 50 Undergraduate Business Professors by Poets & Quants.
He obtained a Ph.D. in management sciences from HEC Paris and holds masters’ degrees in philosophy, sociology, and business administration. During his doctoral studies, he visited Kellogg at Northwestern University (USA). Before joining Bayes, he served as an assistant professor in management at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Ph.D. in Management Sciences (Strategy & Business Policy), HEC Paris, France
- M.Phil. & B.A. in Philosophy, University of Paris-Nanterre, France
- M.Phil. in Sociology, University of Paris-Sorbonne, France
- M.Phil. in Organization Studies, University of Lyon-Jean Moulin, France
- M.Sc. in Management, EM Lyon, France
- "Classes Préparatoires", Undergraduate curriculum in Economics and Humanities, Carnot Dijon, France
- Lecturer, Bayes Business School, Sep 2023 – present
- Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Jul 2020 – Aug 2023
- Visiting Scholar, Northwestern University, Jan – Jun 2019
- Poets & Quants (2022) Best 50 Undergraduate Business Professors
- Academy of Management, OMT (Organization & Management Theory) division (2018) Best Student Paper Award Finalist
- Academy of Management, OMT (Organization & Management Theory) division (2018) ABCD Award for Excellence in Scholarly Reviews
English, French and Spanish; Castilian.
- Boulongne, R., Cudennec, A. and Durand, R. (2019). When Do Market Intermediaries Sanction Categorical Deviation? The Role of Expertise, Identity, and Competition. Microfoundations of Institutions (pp. 67–83). Emerald Publishing Limited.