Achieving your potential weekend
Experiential learning is the process of making meaning from direct experience, and this week is dedicated to active experimentation and reflective observation.
Run over the course of a weekend and purposefully held off campus, this event takes students away from a typical working or study environment, giving EMBA students the opportunity to:
- Think in detail about potential career transitions: defining where are they now, where do they want to be and how are they going to get there?
- Take ownership for career transitions; set specific goals to support their achievement
- Discover / re-discover strengths and how they can be harnessed to enable / accelerate personal and professional development
- Consider energy and how to manage this purposefully in a career context.
For me the weekend served as a wakeup call, a reminder that if you want something more from life then you need to go out and make it happen. Great careers, happy relationships and a perfect home life don’t just materialise, it takes planning and it takes hard work. You have to know yourself and understand your strengths and weaknesses – you have to understand what you really want
– Ed Dixon, Executive MBA 2017