Derek Holder Legacy Trust bursaries
Due to a generous donation from the Derek Holder Legacy Trust, the Bayes Business School at City, University of London are able to offer five bursaries specifically for applicants for the PgDip/ MSc Charity Marketing and Fundraising. The new bursaries will contribute to the fees on the School’s PgDip/MSc Charity Marketing and Fundraising course, and are open to those have appropriate experience and education.
To be eligible for the new Derek Holder Bursary candidates must have relevant experience working in a civil society organisation. All applicants must:
- Complete the PgDip/MSc Charity Marketing and Fundraising course application form, which includes information on previous education and a personal statement, to a satisfactory standard. Bursary applications are being accepted for the October 2021 intake and students will enrol on the PgDip/MSc Charity Marketing and Fundraising course.
- Please clarify in your personal statement that you are applying for the bursary, making clear what impact this will have for you and your organisation. Please also confirm whether you would be in a position to accept the place if not awarded a bursary (this means that you or your organisation would be responsible for paying the fees).
- The panel will be considering your bursary application together with your application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
The Derek Holder Bursaries will contribute to the cost of course fees, however we will make no further contribution towards travel, study material or other expenses.
Further questions should be addressed to Ute Spittler, Charities Programme Coordinator, at CharityApps@city.ac.uk or by telephone for an initial conversation +44(0)20 7040 5114.
- Have an offer of admission on the above postgraduate course.
- Priority will be given to those working in or for a small charity (currently defined as turnover of <£1 million p.a.). Please provide details on turnover, number of employees and when the charity was founded in your personal statement
- Have a focus in digital marketing in line with the aims of the Derek Holder Legacy Trust.
Candidates will be assessed on eligibility and on the personal statement in the bursary application by a Selection Panel consisting of at least three members. The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your application and in your on-line application for admission. Selectors will be looking at your predicted previous academic results and also at references, statement and other relevant information.