Scholarships and loans
There are a number of ways you can finance your study alongside living expenses whilst as Bayes. There are a number of different options available to you including loans for tuition fees and for living costs, as well as grants and bursaries.
There are a variety of funding options for all levels of study, including loans, grants and undergraduate scholarships Find out more about funding and financing your time at City here.
2023 scholarships are outlined below with further information:
Undergraduate scholarships for Black British students
As a global institution, Bayes Business School aims to foster greater racial diversity in business. It is offering ten scholarships for Black UK-domiciled undergraduate students from lower than average income households.
Each scholarship covers the full tuition fee (at home-fee level) and a £6,000 annual stipend for three years. Scholarship holders will also be offered mentoring and support.
To be eligible for this scholarship the applicant must:
- Be a UK student, with assessed fee-status equal to ‘home’.
- Be of Black ethnicity:
a) Black African
b) Black Caribbean
c) Black Other
d) Mixed – White and Black Caribbean
e) Mixed – White and Black African
f) Other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other)
- Be from a household with annual income less or equal to £31,000
- Satisfy Bayes Business School’s offer condition for the chosen course
Bayes Business School International Scholarship
Bayes Business School (formerly Cass) is offering a scholarship worth 25% of the first year tuition fees to International students paying overseas fees and starting a Business School undergraduate course from Year 1 in September 2023. The scholarship will be awarded as a discount in the fee amount due in the first year of their study only.
The scholarship is for students who achieve exceptional grades in the international qualifications accepted by Bayes Business School and their final grades must surpass the advertised academic entry criteria for the course and their offer requirements.
There are 20 of these scholarships available and to qualify for the Bayes Business School International Scholarship in 2023/24, you must meet the following conditions in full:
- Be a student expecting to pay Overseas fees; and
- Be in your first year of undergraduate study in 2023/24; and
- Starting in year 1 of your degree at Bayes Business School of City, University of London, from September 2023; and
- Be expected to achieve academic grades that exceed the conditions of your offer and the advertised academic criteria; and
- Make City your Firm choice, either as Conditional Firm (CF) or Unconditional Firm (UF)
Registration and deadline
The process for applying for Bayes Business School International Scholarship is as follows:
- All International applicants who submitted an application by 25th January 2023 (and have not been made unsuccessful) will be contacted with details of how to apply for the scholarship. Applicants who applied after the UCAS deadline of 25th January 2023 must contact our Admissions team at email@example.com if they are interested in applying for the scholarship, and will be sent a scholarship application via email.
- Applicants will have until Thursday 31st August 2023 to submit an application for the scholarship. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Applications will only be considered if an applicant selects City as their ‘firm’ choice and are due to enrol with us in September 2023.
- Following the 31st August 2023 scholarship deadline, the panel will assess each application based on their final academic results, selecting applicants who have demonstrated the highest performance and who have chosen City as their ‘firm’ choice university. Note that those selected must have exceeded the advertised entry requirement, but exceeding those requirements does not guarantee an award as the selection process is competitive.
- Only applicants who have successfully completed the first two stages of the scholarship application will be assessed at this stage.
- Applicants must have completed registration in full. The deadline for 2023 registration will be 21 days after the first day of term (Welcome Week). This is expected to be 16th October 2023.
- Students who have met the above requirements will receive written confirmation as to whether they have been awarded the scholarship by Thursday 30th November 2023.
- Successful recipients of the scholarship will receive the amount of £5,500 (25% of the tuition fee of £22,000 for first year students commencing their studies in 2023) as a discount to their year 1 tuition fee and the amount will be subtracted from their January 2024 tuition fee instalment.
Undergraduate Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
President's International Scholarship
City offered scholarships of £9,000 each year towards tuition fees to international students starting an undergraduate course at City in September 2021.
The scholarship is aimed at students who achieve exceptional grades at 'A' level or International Baccalaureate.
Selection and further details
Eligible applicants will be contacted directly with an invitation to register for the scholarship. If you believe you should have received an email or have deleted or lost your email invitation, please contact the Admissions team, by completing the form, and choosing Scholarships in the enquiry category.
Registrations for 2021 entry must be submitted by 30th September 2021 in order to be considered for the scholarship. Please note that if you have not registered for the scholarship by 30th September 2021 we will not be able to consider your application. By applying for this scholarship, you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of the scholarship as set out in the tabs below.
Find out more about the President's International Scholarship
The Lord Mayor of London Scholarships for Academic Excellence
If you are starting an undergraduate course at City in September 2021 a scholarship of £4,675 is available for your first year, subject to confirmation of your qualifications being eligible.
Selection and further details
To qualify for The Lord Mayor of London Scholarship for Academic Excellence in 2021/22, you must:
- be a student from the UK or European Union (EU);
- be in your first year of undergraduate study in 2021/22;
- achieve 'A' Level grades of AAA (or equivalents in other eligible qualifications);
- make City your Firm choice (CF or UF) or be placed through Clearing.
More information about the Lord Mayor's Scholarships for Academic Excellence
The Sekforde Scholarships
Sekforde Pubs is offering five students a scholarship worth £12,000 to those who demonstrate outstanding academic ability. This scholarship requires the recipients to have a desire and ability to create a fairer and more sustainable world.
Your application must include:
- A personal statement with name, address, email address and mobile telephone number.
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A closed academic reference (not seen by applicant)
- A closed personal reference (not seen by applicant)
Applications must be sent or delivered by hand to the Trustees of The Sekforde House Trust Limited by Tuesday, 14th September 2021.
The Sekforde House Trust Limited
34 Sekforde Street,
Interviews will be held on Monday, 21st September 2021.
ICAEW Foundation – 2021 Changing Futures Bursary programme
Award: £4000 per year
Duration: 3 years (subject to satisfactory continuation each year)
- Available to new students on the BSc Accounting & Finance course starting in September 2021
- Good academic record
- Financial background – from a household income circa £25,000 per annum
How to apply:
Please submit the completed application form to email@example.com.
Deadline: September 20th, 2021.