Core module 14
Corporate Social Responsibility
Notions of what CSR might add (or detract) to a modern enterprise are unclear and inconsistent, and infinitely variable. In essence, there seems to be an absence of any coherent conceptual framework underpinning the plethora of initiatives which fall under the CSR banner. This module equips you with a comprehensive understanding of the social responsibilities of a modern business organisation.
- Context and introduction to Corporate Governance and CSR
- CSR in practice: why should corporations behave responsibly?
- CSR and Consumers
- CSR and Employees
- CSR and Investors
- CSR and Communities
- CSR and the Supply Chain
- The future of CSR
Develop skills as a General Manager, to understand and improve organisational efficiency. Introduces conceptual models and frameworks to enable you to recognise when the models should be applied. You will be able to understand how operations are tied to a company’s strategy and suggest changes to improve efficiency and align with organisational goals.
- Process management and strategy for manufacturing and services
- Technology and Operations: The role of technology in supporting processes
- Sustainable and Ethical Operations
- Managing Global Operations
- Supply Chain and Supply Chain Risk Management
- Process integration: Lean and Six Sigma