Core modules 5 & 6
Financial Markets and Instruments
Provides a basis for investment and financing analysis and decisions, and a foundation for a more in-depth study of the subject if you who wish to go on and specialise in finance for your Executive MBA. The module comprises three complementary parts - first focusing on capital budgeting and investment decisions; the second focusing on financing instruments and markets; and the third deriving the weighted average cost of capital used for discounting and valuation purposes.
- Role of finance in the firm
- Investment appraisal
- Valuation of income streams
- Pricing of bonds
- Valuation of equities
- Risk and return
- Deriving and using WACC in valuation
Digital Technologies & Business Innovation
We are in the middle of an information revolution! Over the last decade we have witnessed a dramatic reduction in the costs of creating, transmission and consuming information along with the development of novel solutions to manage information. This module aims to introduce three pillars (processes, business models and organisations) where technology is changing the way we do business. Along with these three pillars you will also discuss the founding concepts on managing technology and some mega-trends in information management that are likely to impact your business in the future.
- IT as a foundation for execution in dynamic environments
- Emerging digital trends: How prepared are you?
- Intelligent Exploiter
- Knowledge Management
- How ready is your digital business model?
- Managing digital innovation
- SIG presentations & way forward
- Future of information and how well prepared are you?