Now that you have paid your deposit, there are a few tasks you must complete before starting your Global MBA journey.
- Email a scanned portrait photo to the GMBA Programme team, so we can produce your access/ID cards and update your online learning profile. This must be a JPEG file saved with the title as your full name and student number if you have it. You can find some guidelines for your photo here.
- Register as a student - before the course starts - details will be sent by City, University of London in September 2021.
- Complete your entry for the Class Directory (below).
- Begin reviewing your first Preparatory Modules (details below)
Global MBA Class Directory
The class directory is an opportunity to highlight the diversity of the cohort. It will be shared with The Business School Community such as Course Office, Professional Development team and alumni as well as used for recruitment purposes when engaging with prospective MBA candidates.
The deadline to submit your details is 3rd September
Once submitted, we will work with our marketing team to ensure there is consistency across the profiles and you will be asked to sign off for your final entry. A PDF will be shared with you for final comments before they are printed.
You will be provided with access to three preparatory modules during the first part of the course. These modules are fully online and self-paced and are designed to provide you with a foundation level of knowledge for the later core modules.
They will also provide you with essential knowledge for some of the more technical elective modules that you may choose to take in Year 2. The preparatory modules are:
· Data Analytics for Business: available September 2021
· Accounting and Financial Reporting: October 2021
· Mathematics for Management and Finance: November 2021
These modules are assessed by a short online exam in multiple-choice format. The pass mark is 50% and you can attempt the assessment multiple times. If you already have experience in the topics covered by one or more of the modules, then you can attempt the relevant assessment straightaway, however, we recommend that you work through the content to ensure you have covered all areas to a sufficient depth.
Completion of the assessments for these modules is a compulsory part of the Global MBA programme and it is recommended that you aim to complete them by the end of Core Module 4 and they must be completed by the end of year 1.
These activities are not mandatory, but are recommended to ensure you are prepared for the year ahead.
There is no compulsory reading you need to do ahead of your MBA. However, we do recommend that you stay up to date with journals such as the Financial Times, Business Week and The Economist.
If you would like to read something more academic, we can recommend the following text books:
- Taking the Fear out of Data Analysis. A. Diamantopoulos and B B Schlegelmilch
- Statistics for People Who Think They Hate Statistics. Neil J Salkind
- Statistical Analysis with Excel for Dummies Joseph Schmuller
- Management: An Introduction by David Boddy
Join our LinkedIn group where you can talk to your future classmates. The recruitment, admissions and careers teams will also be posting interesting articles and webinars for you to read through and enjoy.
A link to this group will be emailed to all students who have formally accepted their place on the Global MBA.