Now that you have paid your deposit, there are a few tasks you must complete before starting your Executive MBA journey in September.
- Email a scanned passport / portrait photo to the Executive MBA Course Officer, so we can produce your Bayes ID cards and update your Moodle profile. This must be a JPEG file saved with the title as your full name.
- Email any dietary requirements to the Executive MBA Course Officer (as there are several catered receptions and other events as part of the MBA).
- Register as a student - details will be sent by City, University of London by mid August 2021.
- Complete your entry for the Class Directory (below).
- Complete the Harvard Online Maths Course (below).
- Complete the diversity and inclusion segment for your induction (below).
The class directory is an opportunity to introduce the EMBA cohort which is shared with the Bayes Community such as Course Office, Professional Development team and alumni as well as used for recruitment purposes when engaging with prospective MBA candidates.
The deadline to complete your entry is Friday 13th August.
Harvard Maths Online Course
As part of your preparation you have been enrolled in the Harvard Maths Online Course. This is specifically designed for people about to embark on an Executive MBA and you are expected to complete the Algebra, Probability and Statistics sections before Induction begins in September. You may of course complete other sections at your leisure. Basic Finance would be very useful preparation for your Finance modules and Differential Calculus would be helpful for Economics.
The guideline time requirement for completion of the whole course is 15 hours or so and we recommend you also complete the test sections. However, this is purely for your preparation purposes and any results will not be used as part of the MBA. There is no minimum pass mark for any section of this online course.
The admissions team will provide access details by email in August.
Diversity and inclusion segment
Welcome to your Executive MBA at Bayes! I’m Professor Amit Nigam, and I will be leading the diversity and inclusion segment for your induction. I have some short, engaging pre-work for you to do - a very quick but thought provoking exercise and reflection. I hope you find both of the short assignments interesting, and look forward to engaging with you in a few weeks. You can find the document here.
These activities are not mandatory, but are recommended to ensure you are prepared for the year ahead.
There is no compulsory reading you need to do ahead of your MBA. However, we do recommend that you stay up to date with journals such as the Financial Times, Business Week and The Economist.
If you would like to read something more academic, we can recommend the following text books:
- Taking the Fear out of Data Analysis. A. Diamantopoulos and B B Schlegelmilch
- Statistics for People Who Think They Hate Statistics. Neil J Salkind
- Statistical Analysis with Excel for Dummies Joseph Schmuller
- Management: An Introduction by David Boddy
Join our LinkedIn group where you can talk to your future classmates. The recruitment, admissions and careers teams will also be posting interesting articles and webinars for you to read through and enjoy.