Core modules 1 & 2
The aim of this module is for you to develop a broad understanding of the behaviour of individuals and groups within organisations, their contribution to business success and apply this understanding to the management of people and organisations across cultures.
- The nature of organisational behaviour
- Individual processes: perception, motivation and learning
- Individual differences
- Social interaction and group dynamics
- The organisational context: structure and culture
- The organisation and the environment: the systems view of organisation
- National culture
- Organising chaos in organisations
- The bureaucratic phenomenon
- Leadership, power and change
- Organisational justice.
Develop your ability to develop and execute better strategy. This moudule focusses on strategic decision-making and the long term successful direction of the organisation. Learn how to take the perspective of the general manager who is responsible for a whole unit.
- What is our “strategy”?
- How can the characteristics of an industry be assessed and how do they contribute to determine companies’ profitability?
- What is competitive advantage and how can it be achieved?
- How can competitive advantage be sustained over time?