Building Social Business Models Corporate Strategy Masterclass
Part of our Executive MBA programme, this Corporate Strategy class will focus on Building Social Business Models and is open to Bayes Business School students and City Launch Lab entrepreneurs, who are interested in social entrepreneurship.
The class will be delivered by Dr Alessandro Giudici, Senior Lecturer in Strategy at Bayes Business School, and we will have the pleasure to welcome John Gilligan, Non-Executive Director at the Big Issue Invest, to speak about his experience with The Big Issue and discuss the case study.
The class will be delivered in the Bayes Business School Executive Education suite (200 Aldersgate St, London EC1A 4HD, Room N201) on 24th May 2018 (6.15-9.15pm).
If you are interested in attending, click on the button below and fill out the form. Along with your invitation, you will receive by email the business case to read before the class.
- 6.15-7pm: Theory on Social Business Models
- 7-7.30pm: Case briefing
- 7.30-8.20pm: Dinner + group work on case
- 8.20-9.10pm: Case discussion
- 9.10-9.15pm: Wrap-up
About the guest speaker & The Big Issue
Our guest speaker John Gilligan, Non-Executive Director at The Big Issue Invest, will talk about his experience with The Big Issue.
Have a look at The Big Issue Invest’s website.
The Big Issue: Starting a Social Enterprise. Students invited to attend this class will receive the business case via email and they will need to read it before attending the class.
Suggested Readings (no need to read them in advance)
- Campbell, A., Alexander, M. 1997. What’s wrong with strategy? Harvard Business Review, November-December.
- Santos, F. 2012. A positive theory of social entrepreneurship. Journal of Business Ethics, 111(3): 335-351.
- Santos, F., Pache, A., Birkholz, C. 2015. Making hybrids work: Aligning business models and organisational design for social enterprises. California Management Review, 57(3): 36-58.