Executive Master’s in Leadership
Date: September 2021
Total UK credits: 180
Total ECTS: 90
Fees: £19,000**, of which eligible organisations will be able to use £14,000* of their apprenticeship levy funding towards the overall cost, the remaining fee (£5,000) will be split over the two-year course with payment (£2,500) due at the beginning of each academic year.
*Covering tuition fees and End Point Assessment
** Subject to final University approval
The Executive Master’s in Leadership is only available to study using apprenticeship levy funding. For more information please contact Ruth Velenski: Ruth.Velenski.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Executive Master’s in Leadership is a two-year part-time, block taught programme designed for leaders and managers from any industry and a variety of academic backgrounds. The Business School offers this academically rigorous and professionally relevant programme under the apprenticeship levy funding scheme to help employees improve their management skills and competencies.
Who is the Executive Master’s in Leadership for?
The programme is designed for aspiring leaders and leaders with a good first degree or a relevant professional qualification and at least 3-5 years' work experience in a senior role.
The programme is delivered in a flexible, block-taught format, integrating both classroom and work-based learning. The content is designed to develop employees’ skills as leaders and team players and enable them to demonstrate both strong personal skills and sound technical knowledge.
Year 1 modules*
- Accounting and Finance for Business Leaders, Part I
- Accounting and Finance for Business Leaders, Part II
- Managing People and Change, Part I
- Managing People and Change, Part II
- Principles of Marketing & Strategy, Part I
- Principles of Marketing & Strategy, Part II
- Personal Leadership Development for Experts and Professionals, Part I
- Personal Leadership Development for Experts and Professionals, Part II
- Work-Based Leadership Impact Project, Part I
Year 2 modules*
The second year builds on what was covered in year one by developing key areas of specialist content which are important for leadership and management roles across multiple industries.
- Advanced Strategy Analysis, Parts I & II
- Business and Managerial Economics for Leaders, Parts I & II
- Digital technologies and Business Innovation, Parts I & II
- Work Based leadership Impact Project, Part II
* modules and dates are subject to change
Benefits to your organisation
This programme will support your employees in their current role and develop their leadership skills for future career progression in a senior leadership capacity.
Throughout the programme participants will undertake a number of professional development activities which will help them reflect on their learning and build on their personal presence and self-awareness, whilst developing both social and emotional intelligence.
The final component of their degree will be a work-based leadership impact project, which will demonstrate their understanding of management and leadership and its application to their own organisation.
Successful completion of all requirements means that students will achieve a level 7 master’s degree as well as a Senior Leader Apprenticeship award. They will also be eligible for professional accreditation from either the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).