Conference focuses on Asset Management with Climate Risk
How can how fund managers integrate climate risk considerations into portfolio construction?
On Tuesday, Cass Business School hosted a conference to discuss Asset Management with Climate Risk. The conference, which featured both leading practitioners and academics, discussed how fund management companies should integrate climate risk considerations into their approach to portfolio construction.
The conference was organised by Dr Aneel Keswani of the Asset Management Research Centre at Cass. He said he was delighted to welcome delegates to Cass to discuss this very topical issue.
“Today’s conference brought together practioners and academics to examine how - and why - climate risk concerns should be taken into account by fund managers. It is important to raise these issues now, before they become a problem.”
The conference included delegates from Black Rock, Schroders, Fidelity Investment Management, Moody's, Russell Investments and Columbia Threadneedle Investments, together with academics from Cass Business School.
Conference speakers and topics
- Dr Aneel Keswani, Cass Business School (Organiser)
- Dr Arjan Trinks, University of Groningen, “Fossil Fuel Divestment and Portfolio Performance”
- Ms Nina Hodzic, ESG Integration Manager, Allianz Global Investor, “Integration of climate investment risk and opportunity into portfolio strategy”
- Mr Wilhelm Mohn, Head of Sustainability Initiatives, Norges Bank Investment Management, “An overview of climate change and ownership activities for the Norwegian sovereign wealth fund”
- Ms Meryam Omi, Head of sustainability and responsible investment strategy, Legal and General Investment Management, “The impact of our own choices”
- Mr Ian Simm, CEO, Impax Asset Management Group, “Quantifying and managing Carbon Risk in investment portfolios”
About the Centre for Asset Management Research
The Centre for Asset Management Research is a forum for the discussion of the challenges facing the asset management industry. The Centre benefits from the depth of academic expertise in asset management at Cass Business School and also from its proximity to the City, the heart of the asset management industry.
Featured Bayes Experts
Professor in Investment Management