Stefano is an Executive PhD in Finance student at Cass Business School. He holds MSc in Economics at Luiss Guido Carli of Rome, Master’s degree in Economics (Quantitative Methods) from University of Rome Tor Vergata and in Statistics for Big Data Analysis from University of Rome Sapienza and a Doctorate in Economics from University of Rome Tor Vergata. Stefano is a Senior Economist at the Confindustria Research Department, where he is in charge of the macroeoconometric model for the Italian economy. He also acts as a part-time lecturer in Economics and Finance at Luiss Guido Carli University. His research aims to investigate the effect of macroeconomic announcements on economic policy uncertainty and on economic confidence.
- Doctorate in Economics, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
- Master in Statistics for Big Data Analysis, University of Rome Sapienza, Italy
- Master in Economics (Quantitative Methods), University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
- BSc and MSc in Economics, Luiss Guido Carli, Italy
- Senior Economist, Confindustria, Feb 2021 – present
- Adjunct Professor, Luiss Guido Carli, Sep 2018 – present
- Senior Economist, Federcasse, Jul 2014 – Jan 2021
- Adjunct assistant professor, John Cabot University, Jan – Jun 2014
- Economist, Federcasse, Oct 2008 – Jun 2014
- Consultant, Sia Conseil Italy, Feb 2008 – Sep 2021
- PhD Intern, Bank of England, Oct 2007 – Jan 2008
- Adjunct Professor in Economics and Finance, University of Teramo, Mar 2005 – Mar 2018
English (can read, write, understand spoken and peer review) and Italian (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review).
- Monetary Economics
- Professor Barbara Casu, Professor of Banking and Finance & Director of Centre for Banking Research
- Professor Giovanni Urga, Professor of Econometrics and Finance and Director of the Centre for Econometric Analysis
Journal articles (3)
- Caporale, G.M., Alessi, M., Di Colli, S. and Lopez, J.S. (2018). Loan loss provisions and macroeconomic shocks: Some empirical evidence for italian banks during the crisis. Finance Research Letters, 25, pp. 239–243. doi:10.1016/j.frl.2017.10.031.
- Caporale, G.M., Di Colli, S., Di Salvo, R. and Lopez, J.S. (2016). Local banking and local economic growth in Italy: some panel evidence. Applied Economics, 48(28), pp. 2665–2674. doi:10.1080/00036846.2015.1128075.
- Caporale, G.M., Di Colli, S. and Lopez, J.S. (2014). Bank lending procyclicality and credit quality during financial crises. Economic Modelling, 43, pp. 142–157. doi:10.1016/j.econmod.2014.07.031.