Roma Cusumano is a Ph.D. Fellow in Management (Marketing) at Bayes Business School, City, University of London. Before joining the Bayes community, Roma received her B.A. in Comparative Cultures and Politics at Michigan State University, a degree program focused on how power and representation shape global socio-political dynamics. Roma also received an Additional Major in Chinese as well as a minor in Asian studies.
Supplementing the theoretical background of her undergraduate studies, Roma went on to receive her Master of Management degree from the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor from Stephen M. Ross Business School.
Drawing on both market system dynamics and categorization literature, Roma is interested in better understanding how various market actors strategically (re)shape the socio-cultural meaning of product categories through imitation. Roma's work is situated in the area of consumer culture theory (CCT), taking a qualitative methodological approach.
Roma has worked as a graduate teaching assistant at Michigan Ross for Marketing Management modules and at Bayes for the Critical Analysis for Business, Introduction to Entrepreneurship, and International Business Strategy modules. She also administratively assists in the organization of the MSc integrative marketing projects and serves as research administer assistant for the online student research participation system, SONA.
Supervisors: Fleura Bardhi (Bayes Business School) and Laetitia Mimoun (ESCP Business School)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Comparative Cultures and Politics, Michigan State University, United States
- Masters of Management Degree, University of Michigan–Ann Arbor, United States
- Ph.D. candidate, Bayes Business School, City, University of London, United Kingdom
- Teaching Assistant BM2101 Introduction to Entrepreneurship, Bayes Business School, City, University of London, Oct 2022 – present
- Teaching Assistant BM3104 International Business Strategy, Bayes Business School, City, University of London, Oct 2022 – present
- Tutor (Teaching Instructor) BM1102 Critical Analysis for Business, Bayes Business School, City, University of London, 2021 – 2022
- Research Administrator Assistant, Bayes Business School, City, University of London, 2020 – 2022
- Consumer Behaviour
- Strategic Management
- consumer goods
- food & drink
- Americas - North