Emilio Saenz Guillen
- +44 (0)20 7040 5060
106 Bunhill Row
Emilio Sáenz is a Doctoral Researcher in Actuarial Science at Bayes Business School, City University of London. His research interests lie in Risk, Mortality, Financial Econometrics and Pensions.
Emilio completed with honors a Bachelor's Degree in Economics and a Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science at University of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Afterwards he completed with distinction a MSc in Economics and Finance at University of Navarra.
Emilio's research focuses on the micro-level projection of mortality and longevity risk management. He is also interested in financial forecasting and pension systems modelling.
Prior to to joining Bayes Business School, Emilio has worked as Research Assistant at IESE Business School in Barcelona with Prof. Christian Eufinger, investigating the effect of stakeholders' ESG pressure on banking behaviour, and banking moral hazards caused by government bailout guarantees. Previously, Emilio worked with Prof. Gabriel Montes-Rojas and Prof. Pedro Elosegui in cooperation with the Central Bank of the Argentine Republic (BCRA), studying the effect of network centrality on interest rate spreads in Argentine interbank markets.
- MSc in Economics and Finance, University of Navarra, Spain
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science - Certificate of Academic Merit and Diploma "Cum Laude", University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics - Certificate of Academic Merit and Diploma "Cum Laude", University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- UBACyT Research Grant, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Research Assistant, IESE Business School, Jul 2021 – Jul 2022
- Teaching Assistant, University of Navarra, Sep 2020 – Jun 2021
- Research and Teaching Assistant, University of Buenos Aires, Sep 2019 – Aug 2020
- Manager, Grupo ISN S.A., May 2017 – Jul 2018
Basque (can read, write, speak and understand spoken), Catalan; Valencian (can read, write, speak and understand spoken), English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), French (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), Portuguese (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and Spanish; Castilian (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review).
- Actuarial Science
- Actuarial Statistics
- Mathematical Finance
- Risk Modelling
- Professor Vladimir Kaishev, Professor of Actuarial Science
- Dr Douglas Wright, Senior Lecturer in Actuarial Science and Course Director for MSc in Actuarial Management