Dr Zhenyi Huang is a Research Fellow at the Bayes M&A Research Centre (MARC). Since joining MARC, she has been involved in a number of projects related to topics including ESG, M&A performance valuation, deal forecasting, applications of artificial intelligence, etc. Zhenyi has multiple expertise in corporate finance and corporate social responsibility, and she teaches courses at the Bayes Business School. Zhenyi has presented her research at many international conferences and has published at the British Accounting Review. Prior to MARC, she has worked in the Corporate and Institutional Banking at BNP Paribas (London) and as a financial consultant in the US (New York).
- PhD, University of Reading, Henley Business School, United Kingdom
- MPhil, University of Cambridge, Judge Business School, United Kingdom
- MA, Ohio State University, Fisher College of Business, United States
- BSc, London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom
- Alexandridis, G., Hoepner, A.G.F., Huang, Z. and Oikonomou, I. (2022). Corporate social responsibility culture and international M&As. The British Accounting Review, 54(1), pp. 101035–101035. doi:10.1016/j.bar.2021.101035.
- European Financial Management Association Annual Conference. (Conference) Leeds, UK, Invited speaker.
- International Finance and Banking Society Annual Conference. (Conference) Oxford, UK, Invited speaker.
- British Accounting and Finance Association Annual Conference. London, UK, Invited speaker.
- Financial Management Association Conference. Las Vegas, USA, Invited speaker.
- World Finance and Banking Symposium. Taiwan, Invited speaker.
- European Financial Management Association Annual Conference. Basel, Switzerland, Invited speaker.
- International Finance and Banking Society Annual Conference. Barcelona, Spain, Invited speaker.
Media appearances (16)
- . Zawya (Saudi Arabia), "Successful M&A deals contribute to firms' environmental performance".
- . Daily News (Korea), "M&A goes green".
- . Bluerating (Italy), "Finanza e sostenibilità ambientale: le M&A migliorano la performance".
- . LeCourrierFinancier (France), "Fusion-acquisition: la clé pour doper ses performances environnementales?".
- . Next Finance (France), "Une fusion-acquisition réussie dope les performances environnementales de l’entreprise".
- . LeRevenu (France), "OPA: la rentrée s’annonce mouvementée".
- . Europaticker (Germany), "M&A Transaktionen tragen zur Umweltleistung von Unternehmen bei".
- . Harvard Business Manager (USA), "Sustainability: M&A are good for the climate".
- . CityAM (UK), "Most Acquisitions and Divestments don't maximise value - Even when some dealmakers think they do".
- . International Financial Law Review (UK), "ESG now a key factor in M&A".
- . International Financial Law Review (UK), "W&I Insurance Popularity Drives Innovations".
- . Financier Worldwide (UK), "Ethical Oversight: ESG in M&A".
- . ICAEW Corporate Financier Magazine (UK), "Making Risk Extinct?".
- . Intralinks (UK), "How Top M&A Professionals Are Embracing ESG in the Deal Process".
- . London Loves Business (UK), "Cross-border M&A positively affects aggregate ESG standards".
- . Raconteur (UK), "Can this new training programme help avoid investment greenwashing?".