Reader in Finance
- +44 (0)20 7040 4639
Bayes Business School
106 Bunhill Row
106 Bunhill Row
Xiao is a Reader (Associate Professor) in Finance at Bayes Business School, City, University of London. Prior to that, she was an Assistant Professor in Finance at Amsterdam Business School, University of Amsterdam. Her research mainly focuses on empirical asset pricing. She was awarded several research grants from the Canadian Derivatives Institute. Her research has been published on Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, and Management Science.
- PhD, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands, Sep 2013 – Feb 2017
- Reader in Finance, City, University of London, Sep 2022 – present
- Assistant Professor in Finance, University of Amsterdam, Sep 2020 – Aug 2022
- Asset Pricing
Journal articles (4)
- Cao, J., Goyal, A., Xiao, X. and Zhan, X. (2023). Implied Volatility Changes and Corporate Bond Returns. Management Science, 69(3), pp. 1375–1397. doi:10.1287/mnsc.2022.4379.
- Fan, Z., Xiao, X. and Zhou, H. (2022). Moment Risk Premia and Stock Return Predictability. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 57(1), pp. 67–93. doi:10.1017/s002210902000085x.
- Fan, Z., Londono, J.M. and Xiao, X. (2022). Equity tail risk and currency risk premiums. Journal of Financial Economics, 143(1), pp. 484–503. doi:10.1016/j.jfineco.2021.05.020.
- Xiao, X. and Zhou, C. (2018). The decomposition of jump risks in individual stock returns. Journal of Empirical Finance, 47, pp. 207–228. doi:10.1016/j.jempfin.2018.04.002.