Dr Philippe Blaettchen
Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Management Analytics
- +44 (0)20 7040 5060
106 Bunhill Row
Philippe Blaettchen is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Management Analytics at Bayes Business School (formerly Cass). In his research, Philippe aims to understand how organizations can use emerging technological developments and new business models to strike the right balance between profitability and sustainability in their operations. Philippe pays particular attention to the supply chains in which organizations are embedded and their role in moderating the potential of new technologies and business models.
Before starting at Bayes, Philippe completed his Ph.D. at INSEAD in Technology & Operations Management. Prior to the Ph.D., he earned his B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) in Germany, as well as his M.Sc., also in Industrial Engineering, from KIT and Linköping University, Sweden (dual degree).
- Ph.D., INSEAD, France
- Mathematical & Quantitative Methods
- Operations Management
- Operations Research
- Supply Chain Management
- Buergin, J., Blaettchen, P., Qu, C. and Lanza, G. (2016). Assignment of Customer-Specific Orders to Plants with Mixed-Model Assembly Lines in Global Production Networks. doi:10.1016/j.procir.2016.04.182
Journal articles (3)
- Alban, A., Blaettchen, P., de Vries, H. and Van Wassenhove, L.N. (2022). Resource Allocation with Sigmoidal Demands: Mobile Healthcare Units and Service Adoption. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 24(6), pp. 2944–2961. doi:10.1287/msom.2021.1020.
- Buergin, J., Blaettchen, P., Kronenbitter, J., Molzahn, K., Schweizer, Y., Strunz, C. … Lanza, G. (2019). Robust assignment of customer orders with uncertain configurations in a production network for aircraft manufacturing. International Journal of Production Research, 57(3), pp. 749–763. doi:10.1080/00207543.2018.1482018.
- Buergin, J., Helming, S., Andreas, J., Blaettchen, P., Schweizer, Y., Bitte, F. … Lanza, G. (2018). Local order scheduling for mixed-model assembly lines in the aircraft manufacturing industry. Production Engineering, 12(6), pp. 759–767. doi:10.1007/s11740-018-0852-x.
Working papers (2)
- Blaettchen, P., Calmon, A.P. and Hall, G. (2021). Traceability Technology Adoption in Supply Chain Networks.
- Blaettchen, P., Taneri, N. and Hasija, S. (2020). Sharing of Heavy Equipment.