Dr Paulina Roszkowska is a Research Fellow at MARC, Bayes Business School, City, University of London, a tenured Associate Professor of Finance at the Warsaw School of Economics, and an Associate Professor of Finance at Hult International Business School. Previously, she held a Visiting Scholar & a Lecturer position at the Haas School of Business at Berkeley, a Visiting Professor position at ISC Paris (France), ICN Nancy (France), Faculté d’Économie, Gestion & Sciences Lille (France), and a Visiting Scholar position at IESE Barcelona (Spain). She earned her M.A. in Finance and a PhD in Economics at the Warsaw School of Economics.
Paulina’s academic research encompasses issues in corporate finance, fintech, capital markets, and ethics in finance. She is the author of several journal publications, and two books: "Revolution in Business Reporting" (in Polish), and "Business Ethics. Evidence from the Financial World" (in English). Teaching-wise, she specializes in corporate finance, corporate communication with the financial community, Fintech, and bridging financial decisions with the ethical dimension of doing business.
Paulina’s background and expertise bring a fresh perspective to corporate, and financial decision-making. Aside from her academic engagement, Paulina worked in the area of corporate finance and investor relations, both on the corporate and the consulting side, and served as a Supervisory Board member. She was also a CEO of a tech start-up providing specialized financial data to investment firms. This enables sharing her expertise in finance and business reporting with students in different programs.
- Phd, Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
- MSc, Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Business Ethics
- Capital Markets
- Roszkowska, P. (2015). Business Ethics Evidence from the World of Finance. ISBN 978-83-65416-28-5.
- Roszkowska, P. (2010). Rewolucja w raportowaniu biznesowym. ISBN 978-83-7641-346-4.
- Roszkowska, P. and Langer, Ł.K. (2017). Investment Opportunities in the WSE: Bull Versus Bear Markets. Contemporary Trends and Challenges in Finance (pp. 113–122). Springer International Publishing. ISBN 978-3-319-54884-5.
Journal articles (10)
- Roszkowska, P., Langer, L.K. and Langer, P.B. (2021). Pension funds and IPO pricing. Evidence from a quasi-experiment. The British Accounting Review, 53(4), pp. 100943–100943. doi:10.1016/j.bar.2020.100943.
- Roszkowska, P. and Melé, D. (2021). Organizational Factors in the Individual Ethical Behaviour. The Notion of the “Organizational Moral Structure”. Humanistic Management Journal, 6(2), pp. 187–209. doi:10.1007/s41463-020-00080-z.
- Roszkowska, P. (2021). Fintech in financial reporting and audit for fraud prevention and safeguarding equity investments. Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change, 17(2), pp. 164–196. doi:10.1108/jaoc-09-2019-0098.
- Roszkowska, P. and Langer, L.K. (2019). (Ab)Normal Returns in an Emerging Stock Market: International Investor Perspective. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 55(12), pp. 2809–2833. doi:10.1080/1540496x.2018.1531241.
- Roszkowska, P. and Langer, Ł.K. (2019). Counterintuitive investment opportunities on the wse. Evidence from the field of asset pricing. Argumenta Oeconomica, 1(42), pp. 21–53. doi:10.15611/aoe.2019.1.02.
- Roszkowska, P. and Prorokowski, L. (2017). The Changing Role of a Bank's Treasury. Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies, 46(6), pp. 797–823. doi:10.1111/ajfs.12196.
- Jackowicz, K., Kowalewski, O., Kozłowski, Ł. and Roszkowska, P. (2017). Issuing bonds, shares or staying private? Determinants of going public in an emerging economy. Post-Communist Economies, 29(1), pp. 1–26. doi:10.1080/14631377.2016.1226771.
- Prorokowski, L. and Roszkowska, P. (2014). Comparison of practitioners' views on managing equity investments. Baltic Journal of Management, 9(2), pp. 153–167. doi:10.1108/bjm-04-2013-0073.
- Roszkowska, P. and Prorokowski, Ł. (2013). Model of Financial Crisis Contagion: A Survey-based Simulation by Means of the Modified Kaplan-Meier Survival Plots. Folia Oeconomica Stetinensia, 13(1), pp. 22–55. doi:10.2478/foli-2013-0006.
- Sysko-Romańczuk, S., Roszkowska, P. and Neidżwiecka, A. (2012). Odpowiedzialność biznesu. Teoria i praktyka. Management and Business Administration. Central Europe pp. 26–40. doi:10.7206/mba.ce.2084-3356.3.