Dr Manto Gotsi is Senior Lecturer in Marketing and the Global MBA (GMBA) Director at Bayes Business School (formerly Cass).
Her research explores how individuals, teams and organizations navigate paradoxes in innovation management, (re)branding, and entrepreneurship. She has published in leading academic journals including the Journal of Product Innovation Management, Journal of Business Venturing, Human Relations, European Journal of Marketing, International Marketing Review, Journal of Management Inquiry, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, International Small Business Journal, and European Journal of Information Systems. Manto is an enthusiastic member of the paradox community, which meets at EGOS, AOM and symposia around the world. She has also co-authored the Methods in Paradox, in the edited Oxford Handbook of Paradox. Her research has been supported by grants from the BA/Leverhulme and the Carnegie Trust.
Manto teaches Marketing Innovations in the MSc in Entrepreneurship, Marketing in the MSc in Management, EMBA and GMBA, and Consumer Behaviour in the BSc Business Management and the MSc in Marketing Strategy and Innovation. She enjoys interactive teaching and using the virtual learning environment to enrich the in-class learning experience. She is a Fellow of HEA.
She is passionate about the opportunities in digital learning. Prior to leading the Global MBA at Bayes, Manto developed, launched and directed Birkbeck's online MSc Marketing. She is also a trained online instructor.
Manto holds a PhD in Marketing and a BA(Hons) in Marketing from the University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland). She also holds a PGCert in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education.
- Fellow (FHEA), Advance HE, United Kingdom, Sep 2022
- PGCert in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, Brunel University London, United Kingdom, Sep 2007
- Certificate of performance in research methodology, University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom, Aug 1999
- PhD in Marketing, University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom, Sep 1998 – Nov 2004
- BA(Hons) in Marketing, University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom, Sep 1994 – Jul 1998
- Senior Lecturer in Marketing and Director of Online MSc Marketing, Birkbeck, University of London, Sep 2019 – Aug 2022
- Reader in Marketing and School Research Director, University of Westminster, Sep 2016 – Aug 2019
- Senior Lecturer in Marketing, Cardiff University, Aug 2012 – Aug 2016
- Lecturer in Marketing, Cardiff University, Sep 2010 – Jul 2012
- Lecturer in Marketing, Brunel University London, Oct 2005 – Aug 2010
- Lecturer in Marketing, University of Aberdeen, Feb 2002 – Sep 2005
- Research Assistant, University of Strathclyde, Sep 2001 – Jan 2002
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Strathclyde, Sep 1998 – Aug 2001
Greek, Modern (1453-) (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review).
- Innovation & Creativity
- Organizational Behaviour
- professional services
- r&d organizations
- Americas - North
- Americas - South
Conference papers and proceedings (2)
- Lopez, C., Gotsi, M., Andriopoulos, C. and Balabanis, G. (2017). Measuring the Influence of Corporate Image on Country of Origin Image. The Case of Spain. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-50008-9_143
- INGRAM, A.E., LEWIS, M.W., ANDRIOPOULOS, C. and GOTSI, M. (2008). INNOVATION TENSIONS AND ORGANIZATIONAL AMBIDEXTERITY: TOWARD A COLLECTIVE PARADOX FRAME. doi:10.5465/ambpp.2008.33649824
Journal articles (22)
- Granados, M.L., Rosli, A. and Gotsi, M. (2022). Staying poor: Unpacking the process of barefoot institutional entrepreneurship failure. Journal of Business Venturing, 37(3), pp. 106204–106204. doi:10.1016/j.jbusvent.2022.106204.
- Carmine, S., Andriopoulos, C., Gotsi, M., Härtel, C.E.J., Krzeminska, A., Mafico, N. … Keller, J. (2021). A Paradox Approach to Organizational Tensions During the Pandemic Crisis. Journal of Management Inquiry, 30(2), pp. 138–153. doi:10.1177/1056492620986863.
- Andriopoulos, C., Gotsi, M., Lewis, M.W. and Ingram, A.E. (2018). Turning the Sword: How NPD Teams Cope with Front‐End Tensions. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 35(3), pp. 427–445. doi:10.1111/jpim.12423.
- Frandsen, S., Gotsi, M., Johnston, A., Whittle, A., Frenkel, S. and Spicer, A. (2018). Faculty responses to business school branding: a discursive approach. European Journal of Marketing, 52(5/6), pp. 1128–1153. doi:10.1108/ejm-11-2016-0628.
- Heracleous, L., Papachroni, A., Andriopoulos, C. and Gotsi, M. (2017). Structural ambidexterity and competency traps: Insights from Xerox PARC. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 117, pp. 327–338. doi:10.1016/j.techfore.2016.11.014.
- Habjan, A., Andriopoulos, C. and Gotsi, M. (2014). The role of GPS-enabled information in transforming operational decision making: an exploratory study. European Journal of Information Systems, 23(4), pp. 481–502. doi:10.1057/ejis.2014.2.
- Jraisat, L., Gotsi, M. and Bourlakis, M. (2013). Drivers of information sharing and export performance in the Jordanian agri-food export supply chain. International Marketing Review, 30(4), pp. 323–356. doi:10.1108/imr-03-2012-0056.
- Georgiou, C., Dodd, S.D., Andriopoulos, C. and Gotsi, M. (2013). Exploring the potential impact of colonialism on national patterns of entrepreneurial networking. International Small Business Journal: Researching Entrepreneurship, 31(2), pp. 217–224. doi:10.1177/0266242611404261.
- Melewar, T.C., Gotsi, M. and Andriopoulos, C. (2012). Shaping the research agenda for corporate branding: avenues for future research. European Journal of Marketing, 46(5), pp. 600–608. doi:10.1108/03090561211235138.
- Lopez, C., Gotsi, M. and Andriopoulos, C. (2011). Conceptualising the influence of corporate image on country image. European Journal of Marketing, 45(11/12), pp. 1601–1641. doi:10.1108/03090561111167315.
- Zampetakis, L.A., Gotsi, M., Andriopoulos, C. and Moustakis, V. (2011). Creativity and Entrepreneurial Intention in Young People. The International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, 12(3), pp. 189–199. doi:10.5367/ijei.2011.0037.
- Gotsi, M., Lopez, C. and Andriopoulos, C. (2011). Building country image through corporate image: exploring the factors that influence the image transfer. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 19(3), pp. 255–272. doi:10.1080/0965254x.2011.581387.
- Gotsi, M., Andriopoulos, C., Lewis, M.W. and Ingram, A.E. (2010). Managing creatives: Paradoxical approaches to identity regulation. Human Relations, 63(6), pp. 781–805. doi:10.1177/0018726709342929.
- Gotsi, M., Andriopoulos, C. and Wilson, A. (2008). Corporate re‐branding: is cultural alignment the weakest link? Management Decision, 46(1), pp. 46–57. doi:10.1108/00251740810846734.
- Gotsi, M. and Andriopoulos, C. (2007). Understanding the pitfalls in the corporate rebranding process. Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 12(4), pp. 341–355. doi:10.1108/13563280710832506.
- Malakate, A., Andriopoulos, C. and Gotsi, M. (2007). Assessing Job Candidates' Creativity: Propositions and Future Research Directions. Creativity and Innovation Management, 16(3), pp. 307–316. doi:10.1111/j.1467-8691.2007.00437.x.
- Andriopoulos, C. and Gotsi, M. (2006). Probing the future: Mobilising foresight in multiple-product innovation firms. Futures, 38(1), pp. 50–66. doi:10.1016/j.futures.2005.04.003.
- Andriopoulos, C. and Gotsi, M. (2005). The Virtues of 'Blue Sky' Projects: How Lunar Design Taps into the Power of Imagination. Creativity and Innovation Management, 14(3), pp. 316–324. doi:10.1111/j.1467-8691.2005.00350.x.
- Andriopoulos, C. and Gotsi, M. (2001). ‘Living’ the Corporate Identity: Case Studies from the Creative Industry. Corporate Reputation Review, 4(2), pp. 144–154. doi:10.1057/palgrave.crr.1540139.
- Gotsi, M. and Wilson, A.M. (2001). Corporate reputation: seeking a definition. Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 6(1), pp. 24–30. doi:10.1108/13563280110381189.
- Gotsi, M. and Wilson, A. (2001). Corporate reputation management: “living the brand”. Management Decision, 39(2), pp. 99–104. doi:10.1108/eum0000000005415.
- Andriopoulos, C. and Gotsi, M. (2000). Benchmarking brand management in the creative industry. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 7(5), pp. 360–372. doi:10.1108/14635770010359900.