Florian Lücker is a Senior Lecturer in Supply Chain Management at Bayes Business School. Before joining Bayes Business School, Florian was a Visiting Scholar at the Kellogg School of Management and a research assistant at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology EPFL, where he completed his PhD.
His research focuses on gaining a better understanding of supply chain management. He is particularly interested in supply chain risk management and supply chain finance. His research has been supported by various grants and has been published in leading operations journals. Florian regularly presents his research at international conferences and research seminars.
Florian has consulted various companies on building resilient supply chains and on better understanding the benefits and risks of supply chain finance instruments. He has been cited by international media outlets, including The Independent (UK), The Evening Standard (UK), and Vox (USA).
- PhD, École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Mathematical & Quantitative Methods
- Operations Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Glinsky, V., Chopra, S. and Lücker, F. (2020). Managing Disruption Risk Over the Product Life Cycle. (pp. 101–120). Now Publishers.
- Lucker, F., Chopra, S. and Seifer, R.W. (2019). Disruption Risk Management in
Serial Multi-Echelon Supply Chains. (pp. 298–315). Now Publishers.
Journal articles (7)
- Biçer, I., Lücker, F. and Boyacı, T. (2022). Beyond Retail Stores: Managing Product Proliferation along the Supply Chain. Production and Operations Management, 31(3), pp. 1135–1156. doi:10.1111/poms.13598.
- Chopra, S., Sodhi, M. and Lücker, F. (2021). Achieving supply chain efficiency and resilience by using multi‐level commons. Decision Sciences, 52(4), pp. 817–832. doi:10.1111/deci.12526.
- Banerjee, A., Lücker, F. and Ries, J.M. (2021). An empirical analysis of suppliers' trade-off behaviour in adopting digital supply chain financing solutions. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 41(4), pp. 313–335. doi:10.1108/ijopm-07-2020-0495.
- Lücker, F., Chopra, S. and Seifert, R.W. (2021). Mitigating Product Shortage Due to Disruptions in Multi‐Stage Supply Chains. Production and Operations Management, 30(4), pp. 941–964. doi:10.1111/poms.13286.
- Lücker, F., Seifert, R.W. and Biçer, I. (2019). Roles of inventory and reserve capacity in mitigating supply chain disruption risk. International Journal of Production Research, 57(4), pp. 1238–1249. doi:10.1080/00207543.2018.1504173.
- Lücker, F. and Seifert, R.W. (2017). Building up Resilience in a Pharmaceutical Supply Chain through Inventory, Dual Sourcing and Agility Capacity. Omega (United Kingdom), 73, pp. 114–124. doi:10.1016/j.omega.2017.01.001.
- Beisert, N. and Lücker, F. (2012). Construction of Lax connections by exponentiation. Journal of Mathematical Physics, 53(12), pp. 122304–122304. doi:10.1063/1.4769824.
Editorial activity (4)
- International Journal of Production Research, IJPR, Reviewer, Mar 2018 – present.
- Production and Operations Management (POM), Reviewer, 2018 – present.
- European Journal of Operational Research (EJOR), Reviewer, 2017 – present.
- Decision Sciences Journal, Reviewer.