Dr Elizabeth Stephens is an investment and country risk advisor and Managing Director of Geopolitical Risk Advisory, a geopolitical tech company. Elizabeth works with commercial and philanthropic clients in the development of corporate strategy and planning across a range of sectors and geographies, to effectively manage and mitigate geopolitical risk.
Elizabeth is a regular conference and after dinner speaker and frequently addresses board meetings to advise executives on the identification and management of geopolitical risk. She has been interviewed on Sky News, CNN, the BBC and NBC and quoted in the press. Her speaking style is informed, engaging and appropriately humorous.
She is a guest Lecturer at London, Cass and Henley Business Schools, where she delivers Masters and Executive Education courses on Geopolitical Risk Management, Reputational and Cyber Risk Management, Strategic Business Analytics and Supply Chain Management.
Her specialist knowledge encompasses:
• The drivers of geopolitical risk across Europe, Russia, the US and Middle East;
• The geopolitics of crypto currencies and decentralised finance.
• The geopolitics of green energy and decarbonisation.
She has lived and worked in the UK and US. For ten years Elizabeth was Head of Credit & Political Risk Advisory at JLT Specialty where she worked with some of the world’s largest commodity traders, energy companies and financial institutions, in the identification and mitigation of country risk. Elizabeth travelled extensively to the Middle East and Africa and worked on a range of projects in the Gulf States. Whilst at JLT she designed and built the World Risk Review, a country risk ratings tool that provides risk ratings and analysis for 198 territories.
In 2004 Elizabeth received a Ph.D. in International Relations from the London School of Economics where she specialised in US foreign policy towards the Middle East.
- PhD, London School of Economics, England
- Visiting Lecturer, London Business School, Oct 2019 – present
- Managing Director, Geopoliticial Risk Advisory, Sep 2019 – present
- Visiting Lecturer, Bayes Business School, May 2018 – present
- Visiting Lecturer, Henley Business School, Jan 2017 – present