Dr Elizabeth Stephens is an investment and country risk advisor and Managing Director of Geopolitical Risk Advisory, a geopolitical tech company. Using data analytics to track global developments enables GRA to forecast geopolitical risk trends and advise on the implementation of strategies to manage and mitigate the risks.
Her specialist knowledge encompasses the drivers of geopolitics change, global trade and supply chain management and the geopolitics of technology and decarbonisation.
Prior to founding Geopolitical Risk Advisory, Elizabeth was Head of Credit & Political Risk Advisory at JLT Specialty where she worked with some of the world’s largest commodity traders, energy companies and financial institutions in Europe, Africa and the US. Whilst at JLT she designed and built the World Risk Review, a cutting edge country risk ratings tool that provides risk ratings and analysis for 198 territories. It is still used extensively today.
She received a Ph.D. in International Relations from the London School of Economics where she specialised in US foreign policy towards the Middle East. She is a guest Lecturer at London Business School, Bayes Business School and Henley Business School, where she delivers Masters and Executive Education courses on Political & Reputational Risk Management, Supply Chain Management and Business Analytics. She is a regular conference speaker and is frequently quoted in the media, including the Financial Times and The Times and has appeared on Sky News, CNC and the BBC, with a recent BBC article lauding her as one of the most in demand global risk analysis experts.
Elizabeth is available for new consultancy work in the country and political risk fields, public speaking and lecturing. Clients choose her because she has remarkable insight into what's going to happen next and is able to express this in a down to earth and easy to understand manner.
- PhD, London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom
- MSc, London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom
- Visiting Lecturer, London Business School, Oct 2019 – present
- Managing Director, Geopoliticial Risk Advisory, Sep 2019 – present
- Visiting Lecturer, Bayes Business School, May 2018 – present
- Visiting Lecturer, Henley Business School, Jan 2017 – present
- Stephens, E. (2022). Winning in the Complex World of Geopolitics. The European Business Review.