Dr Elisabeth Krull is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Strategy at Bayes Business School (formerly Cass), City, University of London. She is part of the team led by Professor Paula Jarzabkowski and is involved in the ESRC-funded project that studies risk sharing mechanisms to mitigate the economic consequences of pandemics in the UK by mobilising insurance expertise and capital. In addition to her interest in risk sharing and the insurance industry, her wider research interests include knowledge processes and practices for strategy and innovation and the role of (strategy) tools such as technology roadmapping.
Prior to joining City, Elisabeth worked at the University of Auckland Business School, New Zealand where she was involved in a research project that aimed to help firms in mature industries to develop capabilities for translating risks and opportunities presented by market disruptions into viable company strategies. As part of this project, Elisabeth designed and facilitated an inter-organisational technology roadmapping workshop with member firms of the Heavy Engineering Research Association (HERA), New Zealand. She was also involved in teaching foundational business courses, post-graduate courses in knowledge management, and post-experience students in the Master of Commercialisation and Entrepreneurship programme.
Elisabeth worked in corporate strategy in the banking sector in New Zealand before returning to academia full-time.
- PhD, Management, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Master of Commerce, International Business, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Research Fellow, City, University London, Jan 2020 – present
- Research Fellow, University of Auckland, Nov 2018 – Jan 2020
- Corporate Strategy Manager, Bank of New Zealand, Mar 2015 – Jun 2018
English and German.
- Knowledge Management
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Strategic Management
- Innovation & Creativity
- Organization Theory
Journal articles (3)
- Krull, E., Smith, P. and Husted, K. (2022). Knowledge Sharing in Roadmapping: Toward a Multilevel Explanation. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 69(1), pp. 67–80. doi:10.1109/tem.2021.3052974.
- Jarzabkowski, P., Kavas, M. and Krull, E. (2021). It’s Practice. But is it Strategy? Reinvigorating strategy-as-practice by rethinking consequentiality. Organization Theory, 2(3), pp. 263178772110296–263178772110296. doi:10.1177/26317877211029665.
- Krull, E., Smith, P. and Ge, G.L. (2012). The internationalization of engineering consulting from a strategy tripod perspective. The Service Industries Journal, 32(7), pp. 1097–1119. doi:10.1080/02642069.2012.662758.