Alexandros Skouralis is a research assistant in the Real Estate Research Centre at Bayes Business School. He is involved in the Commercial Real Estate Lending report that aims to increase transparency in commercial mortgage markets for regulators and investors. Before joining Bayes, Alexandros worked at the Macro-Financial division of the Central Bank of Ireland. His research interests include applied macroeconomics, real estate markets, financial stability and climate risk. He holds a PhD in Economics from Lancaster University and a MSc degree in Economics & Finance from University of Bristol.
- Associate Fellow, Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom, May 2019
- PhD in Economics, Lancaster University, United Kingdom, Oct 2017 – Nov 2021
- MSc Economics & Finance, University of Bristol, United Kingdom, Sep 2016 – Sep 2017
- Research Assistant, City, University of London, Jun 2021 – present
- PhD Researcher, Central Bank of Ireland, Jul 2020 – Jun 2021
- Econometric & Statistical Methods
- Real Estate Economics
Journal articles (3)
- Kladakis, G., Bellos, S.K. and Skouralis, A. (2023). Societal trust and bank opacity. Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance. doi:10.1108/jfrc-05-2023-0073.
- Skouralis, A. (2023). The Role of Systemic Risk Spillovers in the Transmission of Euro Area Monetary Policy. Open Economies Review. doi:10.1007/s11079-022-09707-0.
- Pavlidis, E., Paya, I. and Skouralis, A. (2021). House prices, (un)affordability and systemic risk. New Zealand Economic Papers, 55(1), pp. 105–123. doi:10.1080/00779954.2020.1718185.
- Lux, N. and Skouralis, A. (2022). Bayes Business School Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Lending report Year-end 2021. London, UK: Bayes Business School.
- Gerard, K., Killeen, N., Skouralis, A., Velasco, S. and Wosser, M. (2021). COVID-19 and the commercial real estate market in Ireland. Central Bank of Ireland, Financial Stability Notes, 2021/04.
Working papers (3)
- Kladakis, G. and Skouralis, A. (2022). Credit rating downgrades and systemic risk. Centre for Banking Research, Bayes Business School, City, University of London.
- Lux, N. and Skouralis, A. (2022). The debt funding gap in the UK commercial real estate sector. Real Estate Research Centre, Bayes Business School, City, University of London.
- Skouralis, A. The Role of Systemic Risk Spillovers in the Transmission of Euro Area Monetary Policy. Elsevier BV