Alexandros (Alex) Skouralis is a research assistant in the Real Estate Research Centre at Bayes Business School. He is involved in the Commercial Real Estate Lending report that aims to increase transparency in commercial mortgage markets for regulators and investors. Before joining Bayes, Alex worked at the Macro-Financial division of the Central Bank of Ireland. His research interests include applied macroeconomics, real estate markets, financial stability and climate risk. He holds a PhD in Economics from Lancaster University and a MSc degree in Economics & Finance from University of Bristol.
- Associate Fellow, Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom, May 2019
- PhD in Economics, Lancaster University, United Kingdom, Oct 2017 – Nov 2021
- MSc Economics & Finance, University of Bristol, United Kingdom, Sep 2016 – Sep 2017
- Research Assistant, City, University of London, Jun 2021 – present
- PhD Researcher, Central Bank of Ireland, Jul 2020 – Jun 2021
- Econometric & Statistical Methods
- Real Estate Economics
- Pavlidis, E., Paya, I. and Skouralis, A. (2021). House prices, (un)affordability and systemic risk. New Zealand Economic Papers, 55(1), pp. 105–123. doi:10.1080/00779954.2020.1718185.