Scott Moeller leads the Centre.
Director Scott Moeller is a Professor in the Practice of Finance at Bayes Business School, a former investment banker with Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank and consultant at Booz, Allen & Hamilton (now Booz & Co).
His most recent book (co-authored with Michel Driessen and Anna Faelten) is in The Economist business book series and was published in September 2016: Why Deals Fail & How to Rescue Them: M&A Lessons for Deal Success. He is also the author of Surviving M&A: Make the Most of Your Company Being Acquired (John Wiley, 2009) and co-author of best-selling Intelligent M&A: Navigating the Mergers and Acquisitions Minefield (John Wiley, 2007).
MARC draws on the expertise of other faculty members from disciplines right across Bayes. M&A practitioners and faculty from other leading business schools around the world also actively contribute their experience and knowledge to MARC's research and work with the Centre.
- Dr Naaguesh Appadu (Research Fellow)
- Priscilla Appiah (PA to Director)
- Dr Paulina Roszkowska (Research Fellow)
- Professor Anh Tran (Academic Director)
- Dr Valeriya Vitkova (Research Fellow)
- Professor Scott Moeller
- Professor Meziane Lasfer's research covers many areas of M&A and he is a teacher of the topic
- Professor Mario Levis is known for his academic and professional work on IPOs, private equity and equity trading strategies.
- John Richardson, a Visiting Fellow in the Faculty of Finance, teaches corporate finance, valuation and risk, and provides advice to international banks and large corporate clients
- Dr Sotiris Staikouras is an expert on asset-liability management for financial institutions
- Professor Steve Thomas conducts research focusing on the areas of risk management, financial markets and corporate finance, including valuations
- Professor Anh Tran's research interests are in empirical corporate finance, including mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation, capital structure and corporate governance, amongst others
- Professor Laura Empson's research explores the broad theme of how professional service organisations, and the individuals within them, respond to and manage change, including from the perspective of managing the post-merger integration process in these firms
- Professor Bob Garratt, a Visiting Professor in Organisational Behaviour & Human Resource Management, has worked on board development and evaluation at newly merged companies, as well as on the measurement and development of different organisational cultures
- Professor Alan Giles, an Honorary Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Management, is the Chairman of Fat Face and former Chief Executive of HMV Group
- Professor Jean -Pascal Gond is a Professor of Corporate Social Responsibility. His research mobilizes organization theory and economic sociology to investigate corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Dr Gianvito Lanzolla works in the strategy area including corporate renewal and organising for strategic transformation, especially in the TMT sector
- Dr Andrey Golubov, Assistant Professor of Finance, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, was formerly the Academic Director of the M&A Research Centre at Bayes Business School, and studies how firms make investment and financing decisions, particularly those involving corporate control considerations
- Professor Sudi Sudarsanam, Emeritus Professor of Finance & Corporate Control, School of Management, Cranfield University, has research interests in corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions and corporate strategy
Take a look at the MARC advisory board.