Inspiring Financial Leadership
Charity finance professionals will learn the latest leadership principles with some practical advice to take them to the next stage of their leadership journey over this 8 day training programme.
This programme consists of eight online modules.
- Module 1: Leadership from the finance function - Tuesday 18th October 2022
- Module 2: Coaching for empowerment - Tuesday 15th November 2022
- Module 3: Vision and culture - Tuesday 13th December 2022
- Module 4: Leading change - Tuesday 17th January 2023
- Module 5: Communication - Thursday 23rd February 2023
- Module 6: Motivating self and others - Tuesday 21st March 2023
- Module 7: Wellbeing and resilience - Thursday 27th April 2023
- Module 8: Leading and influencing high performing teams - Wednesday 24th May 2023
All modules run from 08:45-11:15.
This programme is delivered in partnership with the Charity Finance Group (CFG).
Bookings for the 2022/23 series of the Inspiring Financial Leadership programme are now open.
Who Should Attend
This course is for people who have responsibility for leading the management of a charity's finances or contribute to strategic development and planning. The course is for those people who wish to improve the effectiveness of their leadership skills and develop their careers to the next stage.
Why choose our Inspiring Financial Leadership Programme?
The Inspiring Financial Leadership programme has been designed specifically for the charity finance professional and incorporates a mix of practical experience, research and best practice to enhance your leadership skills.
Wherever you are in your career, this programme will help you to step outside the box, rethink the traditional role of the finance professional, and empower you with tools and expertise.
Benefits to you
- Broaden your support network by developing relationships with others in similar roles
- Engage in a leadership programme specifically designed for a charity finance professional
- Take advantage of an individual coaching session with one of the programme leads
- Gain skills and expertise to take you to the next stage of your leadership journey.
Benefits to your organisation
- Understand the impact a charity finance professional can have within your organisation
- Explore leadership models and techniques which will directly apply to your organisation
- Opportunities for industry networking.
The programme leaders of the Inspiring Financial Leadership programme are CCE consultant, Maggie Smith, and Sayer Vincent partner, Judith Miller.
Inspiring Financial Leadership programme structure
Drawing on robust leadership research and grounded in the challenges that finance professionals face, this course creates a unique blend of learning that combines the latest leadership principles with practical advice and support from finance leaders in the sector.
This is an interactive course which uses a mix of practical experience, research and best practice. The modules allow participants to practice proven models and practical techniques in a supportive environment which they can then apply in their own organisations. Discussions will be focused on real situations and issues facing the participants.
The latest information about City, University of London’s response to the pandemic can be found on the students and visitors page.
Our staff, consultants and faculty remain dedicated to supporting our clients during this challenging time; please feel free to reach out with any questions or requests to CCE@city.ac.uk.