Selected Recent Publications
- Beck, T., Ongena, S. and Şendeniz-Yüncü, İ. (2019). Keep walking? Geographical proximity, religion, and relationship banking. Journal of Corporate Finance, 55,pp. 49-68.
- Beck, T., Ioannidou, V. and Schäfer, L. (2018). Foreigners vs. Natives: Bank lending technologies and loan pricing. Management Science, 64(8), pp. 3792–3820.
- Beck, T., Pamuk, H., Ramrattan, R. and Uras, B.R. (2018). Payment instruments, finance and development. Journal of Development Economics, 133, pp. 162–186.
- Beck, T., Behr, P. and Madestam, A. (2018). Sex and credit: Do gender interactions matter for credit market outcomes?. Journal of Banking and Finance, 87, pp. 380–396.
- Beck, T., Degryse, H., De Haas, R. and van Horen, N. (2018). When arm's length is too far: Relationship banking over the credit cycle.Journal of Financial Economics, 127(1), pp. 174–196.
- Beck, T., Homanen, M. and R. Uras, B. (2018). Finance and Demand for Skill: Evidence from Uganda.Journal of Development Studies, pp.1-18
- Casu, B., Arnaboldi, F., Kalotychou, E. and Sarkisyan, A. (2018). The performance effects of board heterogeneity: What works for EU banks?. European Journal of Finance, pp. 1-28
- Casu, B., di Pietro, F. and Trujillo-Ponce, A. (2018). Liquidity Creation and Bank Capital.Journal of Financial Services Research, pp.1-34
- Beck, T. and Casu, B. (2017). European banking: An overview. The Palgrave Handbook of European Banking, pp. 3–24
- Beck, T. and Behr, P. (2017).Individual versus Village Lending: Evidence from Montenegro.Review of Development Economics, 21(4), e67-e87
- Beck, T., Pamuk, H. and Uras, B.R. (2017). Entrepreneurial Saving Practices and Reinvestment: Theory and Evidence. Review of Development Economics, 21(4), pp. 1205–1228.
- Battaglia, F. and Gallo, A. (2017). Strong boards, ownership concentration and EU banks’ systemic risk-taking: Evidence from the financial crisis.Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 46, pp. 128–146.
- Casu, B., Deng, B. and Ferrari, A. (2017). Post-crisis regulatory reforms and bank performance: lessons from Asia.European Journal of Finance, 23(15), pp. 1544–1571.
- Chiaramonte, L. and Casu, B. (2017). Capital and liquidity ratios and financial distress. Evidence from the European banking industry.British Accounting Review, 49(2), pp. 138–161.
- Curcio, D., De Simone, A. and Gallo, A. (2017). Financial crisis and international supervision: New evidence on the discretionary use of loan loss provisions at Euro Area commercial banks.British Accounting Review, 49(2), pp. 181–193.
- D'Amato, A. and Gallo, A. (2017). Does Bank Institutional Setting Affect Board Effectiveness? Evidence from Cooperative and Joint-Stock Banks. Corporate Governance: An International Review, 25(2), pp. 78–99.
- Abbassi P., R. Iyer, J.-L. Peydró, and Tous, F. R.(2016), ‘Securities trading by banks and credit supply: Micro-evidence from the crisis’. Journal of Financial Economics, 121(3), 569–594.
- Ayadi, R., Naceur, S.B., Casu, B. and Quinn, B. (2016). Does Basel compliance matter for bank performance?. Journal of Financial Stability, 23, pp. 15–32.
- Ballester, L., Casu, B. and González-Urteaga, A. (2016). Bank fragility and contagion: Evidence from the bank CDS market.Journal of Empirical Finance, 38, pp. 394–416. d
- Beck, T., Chen, T., Lin, C. and Song, F.M. (2016). Financial innovation: The bright and the dark sides. Journal of Banking and Finance, 72, pp. 28–51.
- Beck, T. and Wagner, W. (2016). Supranational supervision: How much and for whom?.International Journal of Central Banking, 12(2), pp. 221–268.
- Beck, T. (2016). Regulatory Cooperation on Cross-Border Banking – Progress and Challenges After the Crisis. National Institute Economic Review, 235(1), R40-R49.
- Beck, T.(2016). Safeguarding the euro – Balancing market discipline with certainty. Geneva Reports on the World Economy, 2016-February, pp. 100–107.
- Casu, B., Dontis-Charitos, P., Staikouras, S. and Williams, J. (2016). Diversification, Size and Risk: The Case of Bank Acquisitions of Nonbank Financial Firms.European Financial Management, 22(2), pp. 235–275.
- Casu, B., Ferrari, A., Girardone C., Wilson, J.O.S. (2016). Integration, productivity and technological spillovers: Evidence for Eurozone banking industries. European Journal of Operational Research, 255(3), 971–983.
- Albuquerque R., and Schroth, E. (2015). The Value of Control and the Costs of Illiquidity. Journal of Finance, 70(4), 1405-1455.
- Beck, T., Brown, M. (2015). Foreign bank ownership and household credit. Journal of Financial Intermediation, 24(4), 466-486.
- Simintzi, E., Vig, V., Volpin, P. (2015). Labor Protection and Leverage.Review of Financial Studies, 28(2), 561-591.
- Beck, T., Lin, C., and Ma, Y. (2014). Why Do Firms Evade Taxes? The Role of Credit Information Sharing and Banking Sector Outreach. Journal of Finance, 69, 763-817.
- Bruche M., Llobet, G. (2014). Preventing Zombie Lending. Review of Financial Studies, 27(3), 923-956.
- Schroth E., Suarez, G. and Taylor, L. (2014). Dynamic debt runs and financial fragility: Evidence from the 2007 ABCP crisis, Journal of Financial Economics, 112(2), 164-189.