"Combining interdisciplinary research and policy expertise to meet the demands of businesses, policymakers and the financial industry."
Which areas do we have particular expertise?
The Centre welcomes research in any area of banking. We place particular emphasis on the following topics:
- Financial stability, bank regulation, supervision, and deposit insurance
- Bank market structure
- Investment and commercial banking
- Innovation in banking
- Shadow banking
- Valuation, performance, competition and efficiency
- Risk management and corporate governance in banking
- Cross-border banking and banking in emerging markets
CBR Conduct Costs Project report launched September 2020
The Centre for Banking Research launched the CBR Conduct Costs Project report in September 2020, at an online event ‘Monitoring Misconduct: Maintaining and Developing Banking Standards', where José Manuel Campa, Chairperson of the European Banking Authority (EBA), delivered a lecture about bank misconduct, banking standards and public trust in financial institutions.
The CBR Conduct Costs Project report discusses the financial consequences of bank misconduct for twenty of the world’s leading banks, from January 2008 to December 2018.